Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger chain parts

Article about: Hello, please can you let me know your opinions on this two chain parts?? Thank you!!

Default SS dagger chain parts

Hello,
    please can you let me know your opinions on this two chain parts??

Thank you!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger chain parts   SS dagger chain parts  

SS dagger chain parts   SS dagger chain parts  

SS dagger chain parts  
    Last edited by Bucklemann; 03-13-2014 at 11:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger chain parts
    P
    Many

Hi Buckleman..the tabs badly worn...appear to be good...and I would say this would be the Type B-2 tabs....which would belong to what is deemed a Type II Wotan knot connector as seen in your first 2 photos. These tabs at one time..had a darkened background..which are highly desirable with Chained SS collectors....as compared to the plain plated backgrounds most commonly seen. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Please permit me to ask, are these two links all that you have? And could we see the backside (rear) of the links with a better/higher definition closeup? Best Regards, Fred

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Buckleman..the tabs badly worn...appear to be good...and I would say this would be the Type B-2 tabs....which would belong to what is deemed a Type II Wotan knot connector as seen in your first 2 photos. These tabs at one time..had a darkened background..which are highly desirable with Chained SS collectors....as compared to the plain plated backgrounds most commonly seen. Regards Larry
    Thank you very much!!

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Please permit me to ask, are these two links all that you have? And could we see the backside (rear) of the links? Regards, Fred
    Hello Fred,
    sorry but I don't own this links I'm only posting them here for my friend.

Thank you!

Hello Bucklemann,

Where I have some concerns is with this: The so-called "Type I" chain kinks (that were actually third in the series) that were made of heavily nickel plated steel have the square end type of connector link holes. Whereas the so-called "Type II" has the circular/round type ends. And for some time now all sorts of fake M 1936 chain links have been made ranging from much better quality to very poor quality in lead (or zinc(?), brass, nickel silver, steel, and silver - all fakes. With in the image posted below the so-called "Type I" to the right for a comparison, versus what seems to be in the images that you posted.

Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger chain parts  

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Hello Bucklemann,

Where I have some concerns is with this: The so-called "Type I" chain kinks (that were actually third in the series) that were made of heavily nickel plated steel have the square end type of connector link holes. Whereas the so-called "Type II" has the circular/round type ends. And for some time now all sorts of fake M 1936 chain links have been made ranging from much better quality to very poor quality in lead (or zinc(?), brass, nickel silver, steel, and silver - all fakes. With in the image posted below the so-called "Type I" to the right for a comparison, versus what seems to be in the images that you posted.

Best Regards, Fred
    Hello!
    I'm not very smart thereof Can you a little bit simplify it for me? Do you thing, that links on my photos are copies?
    Sorry and thank you

?

The runes appear to be less define on your friends tabs, compared to the ones posted as a reference. This is just an observation and not a condemning remark.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS dagger chain parts 

Quote by Dean View Post
    The runes appear to be less define on your friends tabs, compared to the ones posted as a reference. This is just an observation and not a condemning remark.
    Thank you for the reply Dean,
    I noticed that too, especially on the edges and the runes.. Next opinions welcomed

Quote by Bucklemann View Post
    Hello!
    I'm not very smart thereof Can you a little bit simplify it for me? Do you thing, that links on my photos are copies?
    Sorry and thank you
    Hello Again,

What I am saying is that the links do not appear to be of a ferrous metal (ie: rusted) and one that is distorted and/or worn in many places like a softer non-ferrous alloy. And that the two less distorted holes with the red arrows are rectangular with squared off ends. As well as a general lack of a discernible pebbled background which is usually somewhat protected by the skull and borders. You can draw from that whatever conclusions that seem appropriate - but so far I'm not particularly liking what I'm seeing.

Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger chain parts  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast