Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help

Article about: Hello, I found that SS dagger and it will be my first SS DAGGER so I need your help folk. How much can it be? is it valuable or a garbage? I need your opinions about its condition as soon as

Default Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help

Hello,
    I found that SS dagger and it will be my first SS DAGGER so I need your help folk. How much can it be? is it valuable or a garbage?
    I need your opinions about its condition as soon as possible.
    Thanks alot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help   Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help  

Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help   Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help  

Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help   Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help  

Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss dagger ...do have any suggestion about its worth..please help

Why do you take it apart? When you buy a vacuum cleaner do you take it apart?sometimes the age dirt adds to the value,and sometimes reassembling g can damage a 75 year old item.It looks OK but it looks sterile to me.

?

I dont know why, but im not too sure on it, its possibly either a parts dagger or a very high end replica, but im no expert on these, plus theres no real close ups that can be viewed, i dont like the blade markings, nor the scabbard condition, but i would wait for a more informed opinion, i may well be wrong and i hope i am

Go to Lakesidtrader.com and check his site-no fakes or disassembled daggers there

Seeing it in bits is not really helpful without pics of it complete. We need to see how it looks all together.

Cheers, Ade.

?

as I look at the cut marks on the shown part of the wood grip,..it seems that there are 3 drilled hole marks.

I remember at the Maxx one year when this man would dump out bags of hats and caps and tunics found in Europe.

This was for dealers only as it was before the show. Once the show had started, he put out other things on his table.

Dagger parts were some of the items. The price was reasonable. I noticed the drilled hole marks in the grip. From

what I had seen on original grips, they were cut with a square mortise. I saw in books that it was a very large

specialized machine that made these cuts. I remembered that as I am a woodworker. The machine was designed to

make a tapered square mortise to fit the blade tang. Drilled hole evidence makes me cautious. I know very little and

may be wrong that all grip manufacturers used only a certain type of machine to do the grip mortising.

?

SS chained Dagger M1936 VALUE-kgrhqn-jke3lle-htkbn2qt6-hww-_3.jpg