Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.

Article about: Hi! Guys. Any opinions on this dagger ? Sorry for the poor photo.... Best regards: Annoyed from this ads?   Michael.

Default Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.

Hi! Guys.
    Any opinions on this dagger ?
    Sorry for the poor photo....

Best regards:

Michael.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.   Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.  

Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.
    P
    Many

Hi Michael..the lighting is wreaking Havoc on the details...which are already giving false impressions of the dagger. Can you take better photos with no flash..preferably bright indoor indirect lighting or outside on an overcast day. Im seeing a High ridge line on the blade..for starters. There is also no SS district stamping on the lower guard.

Poor photos will give a poor review. IMO walk away. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks ! Larry.
    Will get back i a few hours with better pics.

Michael.

Here are some better pics.

Best regards:

Michael.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.   Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.  

Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.  

imo ok.

There appears to be something going on with the grind line on the blade. It appears to be not straight near the tip. Possibly re-tipped. Could you measure the blade length?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Michael,

Seems like a fake to me: high ridge on the blade, crossgrain does not look correct, top scabbard fitting looks poorly made, grip wood looks to smooth, SS runes dodgey, ect, not one i would buy !, most likely a complete fake SS dagger

Regards Mac 66.

The PA marked guards are the generic type..everyone used them...im still concerned of the absence of the SS district Roman numeral on the cross guard. The Runes button is nothing like I seen before..and is not common among SS producers and suppliers. Too much going on with this dagger and there are some good points about it..and yet some bad ones. That upper scabbard fitting as Mac points out is petty banged up..yet the paint job on the scabbard resembles a Late RZM type. Is the scabbard Late?..and the upper fitting added? cant tell by the photos.

I would be more comfortable to see any type of tang marking on this early blade..there appears to be none also. Too many questions and what ifs..for me....as I would still be happy to walk away. if your looking for an early and complete SS dagger..check out these guys

Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    Wittmann Antique Militaria

the other option is you can sell it to Harryamb2 above in post #5
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-23-2018 at 12:41 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

is not exactly my area... but I dont see damascus steel in that dagger

?

Here are my 2 cents:

fake redone new etched blade, the large eickhorn logo used on this one should not be that close to the guard.
    The crossguard would most likely not be the P.A. but the H.E. ( hause Eickhorn) which would be much more proper for a that early Eickhorn ( looking at the logo!)
    Then the shape of the blade has a RZM high ridge pattern, which would fit the painted NSKK scabbard.
    I think its a NSKK parts dagger with a redone blade, parts Original but not what it supposed/appears to be: an Original SS dagger? i dont think so.

Regards,
    Ger
    the position of the logo on this one looks more like it
    Ss-dagger by Eickhorn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast