Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger by EP & S for review...

Article about: Hello guys. I know some pics are blury. Couldn't get any better. I think dagger is fine, but scabbard is repaint. I don't know. There is a picture where is a drop to see. And also a piece of

?

Default SS dagger by EP & S for review...

SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...SS dagger by EP & S for review...

Hello guys. I know some pics are blury. Couldn't get any better.

I think dagger is fine, but scabbard is repaint. I don't know. There is a picture where is a drop to see. And also a piece of tape.

Please some opinions.

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger by EP & S for review...
    P
    Many

?

Default re: SS dagger by EP & S for review...

There is a 'I' (München) stamped in the lower crossguard.

early type I, IIRC. I am no expert by far. but over the years I have handled my share of original ones. it seems correct to me(edit:the blade itself), but the blade has been messed with.....either steel wool or wet sand?? the runes either fell out and were put back wrong or it might have issues with that,the eagle and the handle material. like you said hard to tell from the pics.
    Last edited by command450; 02-25-2012 at 08:24 PM.

The photos are terrible, but I agree - it is in poor or less than
    average condition. I wonder if this is an SA or NSKK that has
    been re-worked into an SS ? There is barely any leather
    left on the hanger.

I would pass unless it were around $500, which is unlikely
    considering the prices of these today.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I am starting to think that the blade is straight with known maker and correct inscription(assuming from lack of quality pics),albeit messed with..... but someone might have taken a SA handle(and other parts) and colored it,then added the misspositioned SS runes. also IIRC, were not type I early SS daggers numbered on the other side of the cross guard? the type II and III were not,right?

unfortunately like Walkwolf said, its value will be effected dramatically from the issues, sorry to say.

ETA: the one full size pic, does seem to reveal some issues with the handle,the setting of the eagle and the questionable SS runes.

The SS runes is correct for this maker but the eagle has been picked at. Anything is possible these days because of the demand for SS regalia. Funny little hanger too! For me too many red flags.

I think we can dismiss the hanger as made up from parts.

The dagger: overall I think it depends on the price? There are some issues.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The hanger is missing a piece I think.
    And as sayed, the runes are a bit turned to 6 O'clock position. But isn't that allowed?
    But my biggest question is the scabbard. I presume he is repainted or not?

Sellers price is 2000€, but I can think I can lower the price with some negotiation.

Kris.

?

I think for that price you can find a much better example.