Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger - Fake? Value?

Article about: Hello there, I was just wondering if this SS Dagger seems genuine,and if so, how much is it worth/do they sell for (this particular puma one) and in the event it's counterfeit, what shows th

Default SS Dagger - Fake? Value?

Hello there, I was just wondering if this SS Dagger seems genuine,and if so, how much is it worth/do they sell for (this particular puma one) and in the event it's counterfeit, what shows that?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger - Fake? Value?   SS Dagger - Fake? Value?  

SS Dagger - Fake? Value?   SS Dagger - Fake? Value?  

SS Dagger - Fake? Value?   SS Dagger - Fake? Value?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger - Fake? Value?
    P
    Many

Please and Thank you go a long way here as to assisting in determining authenticity of a dagger..

We also recommend/encourage members to conduct your own research by using the google search area at the top right of the page to see other similar posts on SS Daggers.

Lastly, we do not value items here as valuation of items is opinionated.. You can also search auction sites that will have similar daggers and you will find estimated prices there..

This appears to be the dagger that was on catawiki auctions: Germany - 1052/38 SS Pumawerk (Lauterjung & Sohn), Solingen - Puma Early version - Army (Heer) dress - Dagger - Catawiki

Smitty

Thanks, was not aware the photos the seller was using were from a catawiki auction so that helps. Mainly looking for opinions not an accurate valuation as the item is not mine im just generally interested in their value but if that's against forum rules then I understand, thanks for your help.

It's not a problem, just that when someone asks for a value on an object you will get numerous opinions from very high to very low and all ranges in between, so we encourage members to look at various REPUTABLE auction sites and dealers (many of both (auction sites and reputable dealers) here are listed at the bottom near the FOR SALE section).. That is one of the best places to start your search for average prices..

If you are new to collecting especially SS items, it would be very wise to invest in reference books and conduct much research prior to spending hard earned money. The money you spend on reference material and research will save you a lot in the long run. No one wants to spend $2500 to $3000 on an SS dagger only to find out that it is a reproduction, a parts dagger or something else. Prices will also vary depending on the rarity of the maker, condition of the dagger, etching of the motto, scabbard, chain, etc etc.. You could spend several thousand dollars (10K plus) on daggers and other SS accoutrements...

You are to be commended for reaching out and asking the questions, but again we also encourage that you do some research yourself and you may find the answers you are looking for on your own..

Based on the photos that you posted and the photos and description on the auction site, I don't like the scabbard, it looks to have been repainted but that is my opinion, and it is not discussed in the item description to well which could mean that the folks conducting the evaluation either know it may have been repainted and they are not saying anything or they simply don't know and are not EXPERTS..

These are just my observations...

Others hopefully will also chime in with there observations

Smitty

?

Keep looking for an original one.....this isnt

Ger

Hi, thanks for your reply, could you please point out some of the things that make it unoriginal? Thanks.

- - ------- - -

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Keep looking for an original one.....this isnt

Ger
    Forgot to quote you

Dagger is sold

scabbard IMO is repainted as seen in the photos
    the grip eagle is fine...the area around it ..is not and has been corrupted.

The logo is very rare and only one known example exists presently in a private collection.......well this dagger is not it and the cats eye makes him look dead.

Whoever won this at an auction was not the winner.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by NotVeryRich View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply, could you please point out some of the things that make it unoriginal? Thanks.
    You could do a search, and compare the details with others posted here on the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Dagger is sold

The logo is very rare and only one known example exists presently in a private collection.......well this dagger is not it and the cats eye makes him look dead.

Regards Larry
    Thanks for the help, I was looking at it on another website the seller had it for sale at $2000 and was concerned about it's legitimacy. I have informed the seller it was a fake and if they do not remove the ad I will be reporting them as I don't want anyone else to get scammed, they have sold many German daggers at high prices I see so I'm thinking they might be a serial offender.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Dagger is sold

Regards Larry
    Any extra information about the only one in existence or more details that show it's fake or extra description of them? Seller is adamant it is real, and is refusing to consider otherwise and still has it advertised on the site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast