Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Article about: Hello! I ask for help in determination of originality of this subject. Thanks.

Default Re: SS dagger G. HAMMESFAHR

Wagriff what do you think of the maker mark there is something on it that dosent look right to me to be totally honest also the top nut??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: SS dagger G. HAMMESFAHR

The whole thing looks like a purposefully made Eastern Europe fake. The makers mark, as you said, is definitely not looking right. For example, the 2 "E"s in Gottleib and Hammesfahr are different from each other-which is correct but are they're transposed into the wrong words. The depth of the mark is also quite shallow which shouldn't be possible, as compared to the rest of the deeply written inscription, not to mention that as Larry said, the dimpling should not be there in a Hammesfahr blade either. As for the grip nut-who can say? it's apparently tightly into the upper guard and one wonders how they actually did disassemble it without taking it off. (this May explain the shattering of the upper grip above the roundel, though).
    No, this piece has Way too many questionable bits to it and it looks disturbingly familiar to the recently seen Hammesfahr fakes coming onto the market of late. We could point out many more points on this one, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's definitely

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12