Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS Dagger Gebr Heller

Article about: Hi, Please find pictures of my SS dagger, Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

Quote by dezieo View Post
    . I have had this dagger for about 6 years. I'm looking to hopefully looking sell it on!
    So you've had this dagger 6 years and you haven't noticed anything odd about it? I think if I was in your position I woulda said I bought the dam thing in an auction yesterday but now I have suspicions...

.......6 years and now you find out the most genuine thing on its the dam nut.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Gebr Heller
    P
    Many

?

Hi Maximus, I agree with your comments. Im always looking to improve my knowledge. I think I should sell it as parts? Just to let you know the last two comments were for (Matty) I understand all comments. Thanks.
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-22-2013 at 03:24 AM.

?

Sorry Matty, I do have another life! I don't pray to it before I go to bed!! It's been stored away for rainy day!!!! but I think there's a drought on the way!!!!! LOL
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-19-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Quote by dezieo View Post
    I think I should sell It as parts?
    Dezieo to sell a dagger for parts you actually have to have some useful parts ?

You have a very bad conditioned tang nut.

I must say, I find the other members patience both surprising and impressive !
    I just don't get your point here.
    If nothing else, be a try full polite, it's a small thing to ask !

Marc

Larry C i applaud your patience!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Larry C i applaud your patience!....
    Its running as thin as this thread....Diz..I dont give out infractions..and the other members here know it....lay off the jibes and indirect insults. Prove your dagger now.......Sport!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wagriff brings up a great point as Gebr. Heller has a thinner font type and deeper etch....also with steel impurities known as "pimpling" This maker is known for these details. A fatter font type for this producer is not their style. Below is a photo of a Motto etch by this producer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger Gebr Heller  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Perhaps it would be best to open this dagger as it has already been opened due to the condition of the tang nut..once inside the markings if any will point into some direction of who at least may have made the blade and crossguards..which still doesnt prove anything pointing to Heller being an SS dagger. In most cases but not all the time..crossguards and blades were made by sub contractors..and the producers themselves applied the motto and logo.

What does Tom Wittmann say as we are all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for this information. Let us know what you find out on the GDC. Waiting patiently..Larry

"Dezieo" : One more out of line comment and you will be leaving the forum. I hope I make this perfectly clear? People have been more than patient here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast