Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

SS Dagger Gebr Heller

Article about: Hi, Please find pictures of my SS dagger, Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

?

Hi Larry, Thanks for your research and time looking into this. It's good to know the authenticity of this dagger as William stated. So the cross guards are period, the handle is period, the pommel nut is period, and the blade is period. It would be great to see more Gebr Heller SS dagger examples to compare It with! Again Larry thanks for your time on this.

Much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Gebr Heller
    P
    Many

Paul..when I made the statement that the research had definitively proven what the daggers authenticity was, I was making the statement that the dagger is Not authentic. Just to be clear on this...There are no "other Heller SS daggers" and there never Was any to begin with. If the research given by Larry did not tell you this, I am at a loss as to how to get the point through any further...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't think he read Larry's post, Wagriff. That, or he just couldn't/doesn't want to understand it. I'd say it's time to move on as this gentleman refuses to except the truth. It's simple, No period SS daggers were produced by Heller, period! Therefore the blade is undoubtably a post war creation, as well other parts on it too. Why is this so hard to comprehend for you? Factual evidence, which has been broken down to its upmost basic form has been provided via well known dagger collectors. Your knowledge on these has been shown throughout this thread, especially in your confusion of the pommel nut, and it's apparent you know very little to nothing about WWII German daggers. Trust what's being said, it's the truth, and it's not going to change!

Add: I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if this dagger shows up on ioffer or eBay in a month or two.

Oh dear. I fear the fits gonna hit the shan when he comes back!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Well, Thank you gentlemen for your generous comments and contribution. As stated previously In my other posts I find your communication and comments aggressive, distasteful and bullish at best. This dagger has been described by certain members as a complete replica except the pommel nut!! funny how things change. I totally understand Larry's comments and feedback. I like the way you guys sit on the fence and chip in with your vicious comments! criticising me won't help I'm afraid. There is no solid proof whatsoever that this dagger is not original.

Dezieo, I also consider myself to be a "beginner" when it comes to daggers, so I really can't say very much about your dagger, but I do think that the letters seem very shallow and since several members claim that Gebrüder Heller didn't produce any SS Daggers, that ought to be a big red flag.
    But I would like to know why you brought up Thomas Wittmann? Did he say it's an original dagger? And from which German dealer did you buy it?

"There is no solid proof whatsoever that this dagger is not original."?? Then apparently you did Not read and understand Larry's research results. If I am "one of the certain members" to which you refer, you'll do best to go back and re-read what I've said from the 1st post. This dagger is Not genuine and can never Be genuine, as Heller did not make SS blades. If this has not been made crystalline clear in detail-ad nauseum, then this entire posting thread by you is a joke and a bad one at that. You've been told In Detail Why and How this dagger is NOT genuine and in response, all you can do is assume a blank look and say "So, you think it's genuine then?". And anyone who says otherwise is being rude and picking on you? Dagger experts on this thread have a combined total of well over 100 years experience and knowledge between them and to a man, they have all pronounced this piece as an obvious fake-a dagger that never existed. If you do not agree with that assessment, then I would suggest that you keep on searching and eventually you will find someone who will give you the assessment that you want. But you will Not find it here.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This thread is closed..and has run it course. Every possible detail and thoughts have been expressed...and have been answered upon availability of source reference. I would encourage those who may feel there may be more to offer in evidence that a Gebr.Heller Early SS did exist..to contact me directly..only in further supportive documentation..of the existence of this dagger. At that point I will be more than happy to reopen this thread so as to add to what information has been posted and shared. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7