Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger ground rohm Eickhorn

Article about: hi all...i saw this dagger for sale...i'm not interested to buy but only for the discussion...i find a not good fit between the crossguard and the blade ...is it normal shrinkage for the age

Default SS dagger ground rohm Eickhorn

hi all...i saw this dagger for sale...i'm not interested to buy but only for the discussion...i find a not good fit between the crossguard and the blade ...is it normal shrinkage for the age(expecially seen in eickhorn daggers) or may be something else? the number 2 in the lower face of crossguard is normally seen in rohm daggers or only in himmler daggers??
    thanks allSS dagger ground rohm EickhornSS dagger ground rohm EickhornSS dagger ground rohm EickhornSS dagger ground rohm Eickhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger ground rohm Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Hi Luca...is it possible to see the blade shoulders fit to the crossguard? The grip fit to the crossguard looks ok. The bench mark number #2..is also ok..as that was an inspection stamp soley seen by Eickhorn QC. Sometimes..these numbers are not seen all the time as it would be my guess that...possibly 1 in 100 daggers were stamped by a QC person..and not every dagger. Its normal to see shrinkage but I would expect a tighter fit on an honor dagger like this. The top guard does not fit that well at all..unless it is shadowing I am seeing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The poor fit may possibly be from someone tearing this dagger down and reassembling it sloppily and loose. Or, on the other hand, it could be a blade that does not belong with this dagger. Being a ground Rohm blade, perhaps someone "self-upgraded" a decent but normal dagger with a Bad blade and thought that they were making it more valuable? Or...they Knew what they were doing to deliberately try to fool someone into paying more for it....

This dagger would be a good candidate for an in-hand inspection and to try and see if it could be reassembled back to proper specs again. If it Couldn't be put back into order, then you would Know it's been played with...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

unfortunately there aren't more closely pics of the blade shoulder...but you've given me the informations i needed...so the benchmark number can be found also either in ss eickhorn service daggers or honour daggers isn'it? and i thought too that in an honour dagger is expected an even more accurate fitting of the parts

- - ------- - -

p.s. thanks a lot for informations