Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger by Herder...concern

Article about: Hi all..a frined of mine asked my opinion on this SS dagger by Herder. It seems a good,worn dagger but i have a little concern about the grip. I don't see a perfect alignement between the co

Default SS dagger by Herder...concern

Hi all..a frined of mine asked my opinion on this SS dagger by Herder. It seems a good,worn dagger but i have a little concern about the grip.
    I don't see a perfect alignement between the contour lines of the grip and the crossguards and the edges of the grip should be sharper while here are more rounded...is it only my paranoia??
    Many thanks
    SS dagger by Herder...concernSS dagger by Herder...concernSS dagger by Herder...concernSS dagger by Herder...concernSS dagger by Herder...concern

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger by Herder...concern
    P
    Many

Hi Luca ....is your last name Brasi ?

Im seeing an Eickhorn grip which may explain the poor upper guard fit. Im almost certain that the upper guard does not belong by comparing the accent grooves on the guards to each other. Hard to say in the photos.

The blade is washed out with something I never seen before. It appears to be removable with a simi chrome cleaning. Pics of the top of the guard would be helpful.

Rounded contour lines come from in hand use..or being gripped alot over the years. I would not worry about if they are not sharp or not..the wood is authentic

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry...my last name is Savi 😀
    So the grip and the upper guarda have bene replaced with original Ei khorn parts? Did i understand well?
    Thanks a lot

Herder grip is usually a "slim jim" with a low placed eagle. Agree with Larry, not 100% herder parts on this dagger.

Thanks a lot ...

Luca Brasi..the big guy on the right

SS dagger by Herder...concern
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

ahahahha oh no..i'm the one on the left...