Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS-Dagger M.7/8

Article about: Hallo show my SS 1933

Default Re: SS-Dagger M.7/8

Hi Ray..I will add the pommel nut to the list as a possibility....the grip eagle is an early nickel type which is ok to see on late RZM daggers,,as parts were scarce during the late period. Looks like a Boker type from the breast feathering.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dagger M.7/8
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Ok Scout you are in the right direction but what is it really made of as to be applied to try to fake out the collector?
    Burnt copper will look like this, although probably not the answer in this case.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I will give a clue of what the fake green stuff is...children use it to draw with.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Crayon??!

Thought so too but thought it was too silly to post. Are the runes too crooked also?

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

There are a couple other things that I can see but they may be common. But I will put them anyway. Something is not sitting well with the hanger. I cannot find anything on a 1/3? Also the inscription just does not look right. I have been looking at other ones from reputable sites and it just doesnt match up. Lastly the absance of a roman numural. We'll see if Larry can clarify if I am correct in my suspicousions.

Ray

?

I didnt know, so had to look it up; both vinegar and Muriatic acid and the copper wire mentioned above are used for making fake verdigris, but neither seem to apply here.

....I see that Larry has given us yet another hint in the meantime.

Ok a poor mans use of a greenish blue melted crayon is applied to make fake vertigris and this is what is present on this example,,, the Vineger and acid application is the other.
    The Runes button is correct and sometimes the SS man turned it himself as when the dagger hung on a 45 degree angle the SS runes would appear straight. The these runes button movements ranged in position from 6 oclock to an extreme 8 oclock!! Good eyes though.

The Roman numeral only applied to Early SS examples ,,but some have been found on transitional examples.
    Yes lets talk about the hanger....what else can be seen on the buckle and loop and retainer loop that goes around the upper part of the scabbard??

?

I dont know if the leather arrangement is even genuine, but I wonder why there is no black colour on the inside of the leather.

Correct Scout!!!! the leather is not period and is recently dyed.....another clue to something else...............Ades pet peeve!!! What is it??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast