Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS Dagger, a nice starter piece ?

Article about: by KradSpam I'm just learning with these, is it OK to see the solid unplated fittings on an RZM model? I agree with this, be careful, it might be a parts dagger? The "I" numeral on

Default Re: SS Dagger, a nice starter piece ?

Maybe you need one of these instead Nick? ( for all the thugs that AREN'T in Blackpool )
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger, a nice starter piece ?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger, a nice starter piece ?
    P
    Many

Hi Nick your heart is in the right place recognizing the fact you want a piece of history. Real history with these starts from the beginning and with that all original parts from that period. I am not a helmet collector but I know that a helmet and the leather liner that sat on the guys head stayed with him through out the war,,and not having one with a newer liner would not sit well with me.......at least knowing the fact it is not all original in period. I will add to the 4 pgs already which already sends a message of protection to you,,that it would be best IMO to wait a little longer, for a better example,, and sometimes one pops up on Lakesidetraders site for $2000,,,maybe a little beat up but all original to the period. I myself would rather have a whole dagger that is worn than a better looking one pieced together. Just my thoughts. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Eddie View Post
    I agree with this, be careful, it might be a parts dagger? The "I" numeral on the crossguard is for Berlin and also makes it an early piece, which doesn't match with the RZM code. I could be wrong however.
    Hi Eddie, just a correction here as you were indeed mistaken.

Please see my pinned thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...arkings-28216/

It is perfectly fine to find a marking like this on an SS RZM contract dagger. These are early SS contracts. My own 120/34 marked dagger:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...ss-dagger-794/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I understand your enthusiasm Nick but I would have to concur with our learned colleagues above. Given what you will receive for $900 compared to what you will see for $2000 I would personally wait the extra time and then be happy with the result. After all, it's only a little over twice the price for a dagger that will be 10 times superior.

Surely you spent more on your DKiG?

?

Nick,

What have you decided to do mate > ?

Regards Mac 66.

nick,with the better pics I go along with those its a parts dagger.the ball is in your court.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4