Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger opinion

Article about: this is how the seller described the item,original m33 ss dagger maker marked 941/37 CARL EICKHORN these are hard to obtain in australia, dealers selling them for over \\$3500 can post, email

Default SS Dagger opinion

this is how the seller described the item,original m33 ss dagger maker marked 941/37 CARL EICKHORN these are hard to obtain in australia, dealers selling them for over $3500 can post, email thanks the hanger is not original.$2,200AUD i think it may be negotiable.what do you guys think of the origionallity from these photographs,sorry these pics are all i have at this time.thankyou any info would be great.SS Dagger opinionSS Dagger opinionSS Dagger opinionSS Dagger opinionSS Dagger opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger opinion
    P
    Many

Terrible pics first off. A very low price and yet he knows collector terms like M33 and the RZM number for Eickhorn. I would proceed with caution.

I have not much else to add, not an expert by any means in this field. Is the motto central to the blade, I can't tell from these pics.

Hi OVT...The RZM number is correct..as for the pics as KradSpam mentioned..they are on the dull side..and would need better photos. It appears ok through the haze...the hanger does not belong. Eickhorn used both logos with and without the Squirrel. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't like the looks of this one. The blade looks wonky. The handle looks repaired near bottom cross guard. I would also bet that there may be a gap between blade and lower cross guard and they used some filler to cover it. All said.....it could be just really bad pictures!

Blade is fake, high ridge and motto not central. typical fake rzm mark in the typically fake way.

SS button has had some bad behaviour around it, most likely a fake as the runes are too thick.

handle is higher than the crossguard too.

Its a dudd. matty

I would look at something like this at $3200.
    Early SS Ground Rohm by Eickhorn - DC195

Just my .02 cents.

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Blade is fake, high ridge and motto not central. typical fake rzm mark in the typically fake way.
    I agree the photos are poor..would the side lighting be a factor giving the center ridge that high appearance? I think the lighting would also play a factor....giving a false impression of the RZM number....but I am not supporting the authenticity of this dagger..just keeping an open mind..that all possibilities should not be exhausted until clearer pics are obtained. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hey Larry, if you look at the last picture fella you'll see the treue isn't central. If you look at the RZM mark the M isn't symmetrical either.

The blade isn't recent and shows ageing but imo an outer.

Scabbard may be good though.

best matty

Blade has a poor fit to the lower guard and the upper guard fits badly to the upper guard. This one looks like a parts wedding, if anything. A few genuine parts, but not many.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

More eyes are always better. Thankyou Gents................ still looking for clearer pics..regardless
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Dagger opinion 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast