Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Dagger, opinions need please!

Article about: I would advise you to listen to Ade.You will be better off if you save your money and purchase from a reputation dealer like Lakesidetrader.com.Why not start with a nice HJ and work your way

Default Re: SS Dagger, opinions need please!

I would advise you to listen to Ade.You will be better off if you save your money and purchase from a reputation dealer like Lakesidetrader.com.Why not start with a nice HJ and work your way up to the SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger, opinions need please!
    P
    Many

Just added a post to the thread Ned linked.

This is, as is the other dagger, an old Spanish made fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys i wouldn't normally even look at TR daggers but i saw this one at a really low price and i was just curious, Thanks again guys and i may consider getting a nice HJ dagger in my price range so thanks operaman,
    Thanks,Glen.

Gotta back up Operaman, Paul at lakesidetrader.com is an honest and decent bloke. If your looking for an original SS and doubt your own knowledge or judgement you can do a lot worse than deal with Paul. SS daggers are expensive toys but even so Pauls prices are as good as you'll find from any dealer I've seen.

oh do any of you guys know any other cheap online dealers in third reich militaria?
    Thanks, Glen.

Hi Glenn, cheap and Third Reich militaria is perhaps a contradiction in terms

When it comes to daggers Paul is a good choice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade is correct. Cheap and Third Reich Militaria just doesn't mix I'm afraid. It's also wise to remember one little thing that I always try to remember...

If something seems to good to be true...it probably isn't! (i.e. Glen, if you see an SS dagger for a "few" hundred quid, it is likely a replica)

Regards,

Carl

Glenn,you are a young man who has come into a expensive hobby.Remember that one gets what they pay for and German daggers are sort of like real estate,instead of location it's condition ,condition ,condition.Spend your money wisely and you will be happy.Also there are a hundred guys on this forum that will give you all the advice you can handle.Cheers

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I don't believe they are the same dagger, but they are both
    the same type of fake.........

The eagle has been removed from the one posted here,
    because it was so awful that it would be
    easy to tell it was bad.
    I never said it was the same dagger, that's pretty obvious, but I'm certain it's made by the same faker. No wonder the birds missing, it looks like Keith Harriss's duck Orville.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I never said it was the same dagger, that's pretty obvious, but I'm certain it's made by the same faker. No wonder the birds missing, it looks like Keith Harriss's duck Orville.
    "I hate that duck" as the monkey always says

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast