Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS dagger, opinions needed

Article about: The motto itself put the last nail in the coffin..as I know more photos would be impossible at this point. Just out of curiosity..I still would of liked to see a producers logo. The tang for

The motto itself put the last nail in the coffin..as I know more photos would be impossible at this point. Just out of curiosity..I still would of liked to see a producers logo.
    The tang forge markings..are authentic IMO........and point to 3 possible blade makers..of Undine,,..Carl Heidelberg..and SMF. I can only speculate that this blade was a period left over with no etch when found. This may account for the reason why we are still not seeing a producers logo..which may also give away the identity of this blade and really throw it in the trash..as it would of been a left over SA Blade.

IMO I feel the blade is authentic and early period..but with no etch when found. A junk SS motto applied..and being pushed off at face value..with no reverse blade pics.

The scabbard was an painted by "Earl Scheib & Sohn"...presidential finish

Thank you Didier for bringing this dagger here for discussion. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger, opinions needed
    P
    Many

?

Hello Gentlemen
    thanks for your help and explanations
    this dagger is in Belgium....
    cordially
    Didier

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3