Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

UPDATE ! Purchased and new pics here! RZM 188/35 SS

Article about: Hey all, Here is a dagger that I would like to purchase from a local collector. While he's a great guy, he's no photographer! If these pictures aren't enough to give folks here a solid idea

I also noticed that the back of the hilt has a slightly ground-down area. What is the significance of this? The roman numeral "I" is still present (albeit faint due to the grinding). I believe this is the district mark for either Munich, Dresden or Berlin?

Also, GermanDaggers lists 188 as "unknown manufacturer". Lakeside also does not have any info. Anyone have insight on this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement UPDATE !  Purchased and new pics here! RZM 188/35 SS
    P
    Many

Very Nice updated photos Rock...the last of the Early Craft

The scabbard and hanger are outstanding in regards to belonging to each other.

this will look great next to a 1936 Type A Chained SS

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The "I" marking indicates that it went through the SS Distribution Center in Munich. The ground down area on the guard may indicate a personalization that has been removed-either the original owner's or even a GI's initial's,name,number, etc. It's impossible to say at this date. A Fine dagger, by any means of looking at it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You did well with this dagger. Congrats and I'm sure there will be others to add. Can't stop at one.

?

Ohw yes. This is one lovely piece.
    Look at that patina. Very nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2