Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger for Review

Article about: Hi, Is this an original SS M33 dagger? Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some of you very soon. Regards, juno44

?

Default SS Dagger for Review

Hi,

Is this an original SS M33 dagger? Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some of you very soon.

Regards, juno44

SS Dagger for Review

SS Dagger for Review

SS Dagger for Review

SS Dagger for Review

SS Dagger for Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger for Review
    P
    Many

Hello Juno. I'll be interested to see where the verdict falls on this one. IMO it's suspect. I think the number is 15/39 for J.A Henckles which most blades with this designation or at least the ones I ve found are transtional blades with both the RZM license and maker logo. I think the the RZM and corresponding marks looks weak and the blade pitting looks forced and doesn't match the rest of the daggers appearance. At best pieced together at worst postwar entirely. Best regards.

Brian

?

Hi Juno44,

I am not liking this one at first glance. I am mobile with IPhone. Is that a leather buffer pad added to crossguard? Tang nut looks rough (turned) and I don’t like blade at all compared to aging of cross guards. Not a fan as the fit of everything is not matching up and seems to be a thrown together unit. I would pass on it. Just my opinion. There are better examples to be had.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hi Juno44,

I am not liking this one at first glance. I am mobile with IPhone. Is that a leather buffer pad added to crossguard? Tang nut looks rough (turned) and I don’t like blade at all compared to aging of cross guards. Not a fan as the fit of everything is not matching up and seems to be a thrown together unit. I would pass on it. Just my opinion. There are better examples to be had.
    Likewise, I'm not seeing anything that would make me want to even remotely think about acquiring this dagger because of all of the "issues" it has. Best Regards, Fred

?

RUN Juno RUN!

3 words thats all you need.....

Ger

The same results can be found on the WAF of the same dagger.

SS Dagger for Review - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

All it takes is one issue...and this example has more than one.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Perhaps the Twins are not visible or gone, through the rough condition.
    Motto pattern, RZM Mark and for sure the gap ( around 30 mm) is fine for the '39 ' vintage.
    The rest is post war.

I would be interested to know the truth concerning the blades authenticity? The only similarly marked example I can find was a supposed period mismatched set (SS blade/SA handle and scabbard) sold on I-offer and purportedly featured in Angolias book on TR daggers. Also of note the sales description incorrectly states the blades manufacturer. Any insight fellas? Best regards.

Brian

SS Dagger for ReviewSS Dagger for ReviewSS Dagger for ReviewSS Dagger for Review

Unique Nazi Party SA Dagger with SS Blade and SA Hilt, Sheath and Hanger, as Seen in Daggers, Bayone

SS Dagger for Review

From LST
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 01-26-2018 at 01:51 AM.

Quote by The GI
    where it is stated that a GI capture the weapon in this configuration in 1945, and speculates that the original owner may have started in one group and transferred to the other during his service time.
    LOL What ? Speculates?

Good Lord ...so through this speculation this GI is asserting that the reason why this dagger is mismatched is the reason being..the SA Man changed locations to where he was stationed and along with the change..also physically changed the fittings from all early to later period mixed fittings?

I think James Attwood got there first before the 101st Airborne division

As far as answering Brians query ..the blade appears to have potential..but through all the corrosion and what ever else is on it ..the blade may be at a believable 50/50. I would like to see the tang and any billet clamp markings...which Im sure this request would be impossible.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    LOL What ?

..the blade appears to have potential..but through all the corrosion and what ever else is on it ..the blade may be at a believable 50/50. I would like to see the tang and any billet clamp markings...which Im sure this request would be impossible.

Regards Larry
    Yes Larry a 50/ 50 Chance.
    Regards,
    Gerd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast