Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger for review

Article about: Hi Toecutter Here’s a few more pictures of the Hanger. This wasn’t an after edition, it’s always been attached to the dagger .... The RZM marking is as per picture SS 1/35

Default SS dagger for review

Hi Toecutter
    Here’s a few more pictures of the Hanger. This wasn’t an after edition, it’s always been attached to the dagger ....
    The RZM marking is as per picture SS 1/35 RZM
    This was manufactured by a Company called ..
    “WACHTLER & LANGE OF MITTWEIDA” who’s factory was based in SACHSEN.

Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger for review   SS dagger for review  

Last edited by Stevade; 08-20-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Update

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger for review
    P
    Many

?

The Olc clip on the vertical is post war. For that reason and more, I do question the hanger in itself.

Stevade ,,I was originally going to move this to Collections and Display forum as the thread was speaking as a whole and not asking questions about certain details of each dagger.
    I let the thread ride here for awhile to see where it would go.

Now I must ask you if you have not already begun threads for each dagger ..I would kindly ask you to start separately, threads for each dagger in their attributed forums.

Thoughts now on the details will be questioned and those thoughts need to remain with each dagger per thread. Sorry to do that to you but is required for further and separate study.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi JRMeda
    Not sure where your expertise comes from .... I have come across many Daggers that’s used the RZM olc markings .... The olc manufacture or Overhoff & Cie Lundenscheid as its know manufactured right through the 3 Rd Reich era ... they were the largest manufacturer of belts and clips throughout that period. And I’m not sure if they went out of buisness like the Assman Factory more recently.
    One of the best known dealers in the USA has a SA Short Hanger with identical clip ..
    I’d be interested if you pointed me in the right direction to the source of your information, I would pass on the the said Dealer for his reference! ��

?

Sir,
    In all do respects, an RZM stamp on the reverse of a clip like this, and shown void of the manufacture's code assigned by the Reichszeugmeisterei, makes no sense would it? Especially in 1935 when the NSDAP was well ingrained into the rules and guidelines governing price control, quality, material, etc.

?

Here is the same type of vertical repop.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger for review   SS dagger for review  

SS dagger for review  

Thread moved to the SS forum for further discussion.

Stevade Please ...post the other 2 daggers separately in the SA forum. 2nd request !
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I have to agree with JR, this OLC hanger is postwar.
    The RZM marking on your clip is not the correct, and sofar i have only encountered the "olc + rzm M5/71" code on NSKK hangers, none of these black vertical NSKK hangers were "SS 1/35" marked like the one you show.

Danny posted a nice very late vertical black hanger with olc clip, that was a non marked one made of artifical leather.
    The clip of the standard nskk hanger had exactly the same markings on the clip ( see picture)
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...hanger-331071/

Ger
    SS dagger for reviewSS dagger for reviewSS dagger for reviewSS dagger for review

Larry C
    May I ask how I move to correct threads .... before it reaches 3rd time of asking!

JR Meda
    I do respect your expertise .... and have learnt quite a harsh lesson “ Do not take as gospel that an experienced Dealer in the UK sells you something as 100% genuine manufactured 1933 - 1945.
    I shall contact him to discuss, I’ll post his views if he bothers to reply.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast