Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS DAGGER rich.abrherder

Article about: hi guys im thinking of purchasing this ss dagger im wondered if you could cast your eye over it make sure its all good and what ou think its worth i think the asking price is £2500 thanks ag

?

Default SS DAGGER rich.abrherder

hi guys
    im thinking of purchasing this ss dagger im wondered if you could cast your eye over it make sure its all good
    and what ou think its worth i think the asking price is £2500
    thanks again brocky

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DAGGER rich.abrherder
    P
    Many

Looks alright to my amateur's eyes at first glance. The crossguard seems to fit well, and all the scabbard throat screws are present. Going on the buildup of dirt between the lower guard and the base of the grip, it hasn't been messed with for some time, if at all. A shame about the crack in the grip, though. The ball at the point of the scabbard is dented as well. £2500 seems to be about the going rate for these daggers these days, especially if you're buying from a dealer.

I'll defer to the experts on this one. I don't feel qualified to make a call on it, but personally I like what I see. It all appears to be 'present and correct', so to speak.

Regards, B.B.

The dagger appears to be in decent condition except the grip fit to the upper guard has missing wood ...leaving an image of a misfitted guard.

Is the grip wood chipped on the top?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Also kindly help me out by posting future daggers in their respective sub forums....as per my PM ? I did supply you a link ! Thankyou

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey Brocky,

Can you post better pictures of the upper guard front and back? Would also like to see motto on blade close up. Blade does not look to have been cleaned but always like a close up of motto to make sure. Some cross grain remains so that is good! Looks like scabbard ball took a whammo but over all it looks to be a been there piece. As far as value take a look at dealer sites and various daggers of like condition to come up with your number. I would also see if tang nut was turned and if screws have been boogered with. Make sure it was not taken apart and all is tight. Maybe 20% to 30% less than the dealer market would list for would be my guess.. We unfortunately do not like to assess value here as a community. It is what you and your seller can work out.

Regards,

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

thanks guys ill get some more pic s today
    sorry larry