Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Dagger - Robert Klass with shipping crate & capture paper

Article about: Hey All, Larry our trusted moderator encouraged me to post here. This was from a soldier named Elmer R. Lundgren. He was a deer hunting companion of my Grandfather, fellow soldier and a frie

Full crossgraining right up to the tip! Even the hanger's leather is looking great. Still with the original shipping home box-what more could you ask? A superb early nickel fittings Klaas example in untouched original as-found shape. About as good as it gets.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger - Robert Klass with shipping crate & capture paper
    P
    Many

?

Beautiful Dagger with outstanding provenance!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Rossi that is one hell of a dagger...pfffff
    That is what we are looking for...a windows into the past
    It has not only a lovely blade all is in perfect order, this dagger will be the highlight of every dagger collection!
    The info that you have provided with this dagger is lovely!

Thx for posting......i love Klaas daggers
    I missed a textbook example, it was simply to expensive, but I still regret it a bit.

Regards,
    Ger

Superb!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you Gerrit...I appreciate the reply. This one cost me a bit more than I wanted to spend. It was important given the background, provenance, family connection and Elmer's history to pay the premium to get it. I think the best part I did not share was the feeling I had when my Grandfather's eyes lit up and jaw dropped!!!! He was elated and kept asking me how I got it. It was the last piece he saw before he passed away 5 years ago. I know he had tried to buy it from Elmer many times but he would never part with it. So it really has got plenty of emotions and nostalgia behind it. One of those babies that will go to my Grandkids hopefully someday with a letter from Grandpa Rossi.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Rossi that is one hell of a dagger...pfffff
    That is what we are looking for...a windows into the past
    It has not only a lovely blade all is in perfect order, this dagger will be the highlight of every dagger collection!
    The info that you have provided with this dagger is lovely!

Thx for posting......i love Klaas daggers
    I missed a textbook example, it was simply to expensive, but I still regret it a bit.

Regards,
    Ger
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Superb and it's great to have the shipping box!...

?

WoW Rossi !

What an amazing story & info on the brave US soldier that sent this lovely KLASS SS dagger back from Germany in a hand made wooden crate he made himself

The blade on this dagger is crisp as the day it was forged with a lovely grip & scabbard with Vert hanger , i,m blown away

Many thanks for showing !

Regards Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    WoW Rossi !

What an amazing story & info on the brave US soldier that sent this lovely KLASS SS dagger back from Germany in a hand made wooden crate he made himself

The blade on this dagger is crisp as the day it was forged with a lovely grip & scabbard with Vert hanger , i,m blown away

Many thanks for showing !

Regards Mac 66.

You couldn't top that for me!!, fantastic piece of history
    thank you for sharing
    cheers Ronnie

What Larry and the others have said in a word ............... Superb!! Thank You for Sharing, Fred

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast