Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?

Article about: I'm quite sure that this piece is a replica, but your opinions would be welcome anyway. Thanks in advance for any replies, Regards, Carl

?

Default SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?

I'm quite sure that this piece is a replica, but your opinions would be welcome anyway.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?   SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?  

SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?   SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?  

SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?   SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?
    P
    Many

Default re: SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?

Set on ground and walk away..... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Set on ground and walk away..... William
    Why? It is good.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, To name a few, I don't like the rough chipped look to the edging of the top hilt next to the grip and the runes on the button seem unusually wide,albeit worn. The wood of the grip has odd coarse graining to the right of the button that does not look correct either-aside from the odd bubbled edge of the wood around the lower edge of the button, the wood seems to be an almost layered type of grain to it. The 2 lines by the button, for example, do not appear to be cracks, but a crudeness to the wood itself that is seen also going down the center ridge and there are signs of it near the lower guard as well. The blade has deep pitting and an almost crude cast effect as well and I definitely don't care for the choppy grainy look to the RZM stampings on the reverse blade side. But, having said that, if you judge it good, I'll stand by your opinion, but I certainly would not want this one in my collection! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi William, thanks for the reply. It is good to know the reasoning behind your thinking.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: SS dagger RZM 1053/38: opinions please?

Thanks for your thoughts guys. My initial feeling was no, due to the rzm markings (I think they are not as sharp as they should be) but after looking again I wasn't so sure...I still don't know what to think...hmmm

The blade has seen better days. The crispness of a etch can be down to several factors, such as the quality of the steel and the acid strength.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade. As ever, I appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Carl