Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions need

Article about: Hi all, I would like to know your opininons about below pictured ss dagger. Is it real or fake or parts dagger? I know the pictures are not the best, but this one was put into auction. And I

?

Default SS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions need

Hi all,
    I would like to know your opininons about below pictured ss dagger. Is it real or fake or parts dagger? I know the pictures are not the best, but this one was put into auction. And I do not want to make mistake.
    Thanks, Mike
    SS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions needSS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions needSS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions needSS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions needSS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions needSS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions needSS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions needSS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions need

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions need
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS dagger rzm 1053/39 ss - opinions need

Hi Mike..havent seen you for awhile...keep your eyes open on that site you are getting your photos from...but IMO this one appears to be legitimate...but I have never seen a WKC 1939 vintage..but looks ok from the photos you have. The dagger is all late parts..and there is one issue of concern..I have taken notice of the RZM Logo being more blackend than the Motto. This may be attributed to the angle of light in the photo. Unless any one else has a comment on this I see no problems with it,,except that its weathered heavily on the outside of the dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agreed. A Very beat but original Mod 33 with all late parts that are peeling their plating off. But, the blade and wood grip look okey. The sheath....well not so nice..If you could get this one for fairly Cheap(that's cheap with a capitol "C"), go for it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I like it. Looks legit

Aside from the general condition, it looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The price is almost 1000 US and I think it is too much for dagger in this condition. Thank you very much for your comments. Mike

The condition of the blade matters the most and i feel that price is quite fair for an SS dagger. This dagger although rough looking on the outside was to my eyes never pulled from its scabbard which over the years lay protected from any environmental harm and also any runner marks,,at least from what I can see in the photos. If you do get this..please post complete photos of it for us here on the forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Aside from the plating peeling on the 2 guards, the dagger itself is in fair enough condition.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."