Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger RZM 1317..opinions

Article about: Hi all..i'm looking at this SS dagger RZM period ..seems so beautiful and in good conditions but i wonder why in the obverse side the fitting between grip and crossguard is perfect while in

Default SS dagger RZM 1317..opinions

Hi all..i'm looking at this SS dagger RZM period ..seems so beautiful and in good conditions but i wonder why in the obverse side the fitting between grip and crossguard is perfect while in the reverse seems not so good...thanks all for your opinions and have a nice 2015
    Luca
    SS dagger RZM 1317..opinionsSS dagger RZM 1317..opinionsSS dagger RZM 1317..opinionsSS dagger RZM 1317..opinionsSS dagger RZM 1317..opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger RZM 1317..opinions
    P
    Many

I have no issues with Authenticity with JR Medas inventory...not the dagger above. On some daggers depending upon the producer used larger grips..which in some descriptions are seen "Growing from the Crossguards" this grip shifted at some point..nothing more. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

so not worries about it?? i know that J.R is one of the most faithful dealers...it was only a curiosity :9
    Thanks Larry

It may be that it has been taken apart at one time and loosely re-assembled abit crookedly. You can see in the photo where the blade meets the lower guard that it seems to be out of alignment.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 01-04-2015 at 12:37 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks foR your opinions guys

Isn't unusual to find nickel silver fittings on a 1940 Dagger? Best Regards

The Blade is early and leaning on this being a regrained Rohm dagger..and reissued. That would explain the early nickel fittings. This blade does not exhibit the same coarse graining as a Late RZM type. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The Blade is early and leaning on this being a regrained Rohm dagger..and reissued. That would explain the early nickel fittings. This blade does not exhibit the same coarse graining as a Late RZM type. Regards Larry
    Im having a few issues here: the grip eagle is the copper type, not one that would be in a ground Rohm for sure.
    It does fit the 1940 grip and blade.
    The lower crossguard has no district on it, if it would be regrained/reissued dagger it most likely would have had a district marking.

Ive been looking for this dagger on JR's site but can find it, i was very interested how he presented this one in text, looking at a repainted scabbard, late grip eagle, early guards.
    1940 is a bit late for transitional hardware imo.

Regards,
    Ger

So may be a dagger parts? Many thanks

?

Could be, but not necessarily.
    Lets say i would go for a more textbook one.....easier when you need to upgrade it
    Textbook ones do not need a story or an explanation to sell

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast