Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger RZM 807/37 Mark opinions needed

Article about: Hello all Could I please have your opinion on the RZM 807/37 markings on this SS Dagger, both cross guards are marked E & L . Sorry these are the only pictures I have at the moment. Than

reichcollector
    ?

Default SS Dagger RZM 807/37 Mark opinions needed

Hello all

Could I please have your opinion on the RZM 807/37 markings on this SS Dagger, both cross guards are marked E & L . Sorry these are the only pictures I have at the moment.

Thank for looking

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS Dagger RZM 807/37 Mark opinions needed

Whilst I know absolutely nothing about daggers, I remember reading somewhere that the etching usually has a smooth texture in the bottom of the letters, unlike the rough texture you see here. Let's wait for the guys in the know.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger RZM 807/37 Mark opinions needed  

the number 37 stands for the year the dagger was made the makernumber 807 is an unknown makermark. i'd be carefull please check the backgroundstory or stay away! the markeretching looks a bit strange to me...... more opinions i would say.

greetz eddy

?

just my 2 cents, first thing i noticed was the motto being at an angle. the motto should be evenly lined up on the center line of the blade, if you look at the last e in the motto you can see most of it is above the center line. and low in the front part of the motto. its better to see the center of the all the small e's on the center line of the blade. or at least not at a angle like the one shown.
    andrew

dave34
    ?

from the pics i'd stay clear of this...as allready stated above, the etchings surface looks too uneven and the ss/rzm/year looks "stamped" on to the blade or an etch of such a quality it'd never get the rzm approval?

Just my humble opinion

Also the alignment of motto, as andrew notes, is a red flag.

More and clearer pics might change this opinion as pics can be very decieving

?

I too have read that stippling (bumps) in the engraving is bad.

The motto does appear crooked also as Andrew notes.

Sorry.

Stippling in the motto is not always bad: this can be observed on perfectly original daggers. It is down the metal composition and the acid used.

But it is something to bear in mind.

Cheers, Ade.

reichcollector
    ?

Thanks to all for your replies. I do appreciate the help. The dagger blade has been buy the look of it extensively cleaned and has slight pitting in one part, there are billet markings on the tang and the fit to cross guard is perfect.
    Is it possible to find out if the E L markings in the cross guards are correct, they look to be of nickel.

Regards
    RC

You can try looking it up trough this site a lot of information regarding these daggers. Dienstdolch - Infos von Sammlern für Sammler - Die Parierstangen greetings eddy

reichcollector
    ?

Thanks for the link Eddy, there is an identical match there.

A great help
    RC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast