Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger at Swedish auction

Article about: Hello everyone, This dagger is up for auction in Sweden. And I would like to have your opinions. Rgds Chris

Default SS Dagger at Swedish auction

Hello everyone,

This dagger is up for auction in Sweden.
    And I would like to have your opinions.

Rgds
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger at Swedish auction   SS Dagger at Swedish auction  

SS Dagger at Swedish auction   SS Dagger at Swedish auction  

SS Dagger at Swedish auction   SS Dagger at Swedish auction  

SS Dagger at Swedish auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger at Swedish auction
    P
    Many

To me, it looks like plated fittings on a pre RZM dagger.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A so called " Type B-2 "
    Needs much better pics to be sure if it's a period piece.
    Regards,
    Gerd

Quote by rbminis View Post
    To me, it looks like plated fittings on a pre RZM dagger.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph this combination is correct and as Gerd called it a Type B2 which was mid to late period. It is confusing sometimes when we see early SA and SS daggers with anodized scabbards and their later counter parts with painted scabbards. The 1936 aka M36 included some early production pieces being anodized and mostly painted scabbards for that time. It is more common to see Painted scabbards on the M36 more so than the anodized.

I woud alos like to see close up photos..and not "Angled Photos" of the dagger. I have some concerns with the grip,,Chain assembly..center ramp...as suggested close up photos may put some doubt to rest.

The Type B2 came with 2 center ramp screws...being on the top and bottom..along with the Type I.. aka.. Type C ..same plated type and the center ramp having either 1 or 2 screws. The intertwined swastikas on the center ramp look beaten down or overbuffed..which in that case wold of at least removed some of the plating.
    IMO the scabbard and Chain assembly appear to be repro. If Im wrong lets prove it!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!
    I was actually referring to the dagger not the scabbard.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My 1st impression was that it is a put together of many different parts. Am definitely not liking the bizarre appearance of the groove on the blade Beneath the etching. The grip where it meets the lower guard is high above on one side and below on the other and the top guard is nearly as bad. The sheath center band does not look at all correct-the metal of it itself is cheap and poorly worked. The pommel nut does not match the guard. Like I said, 1st impression = a put together.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sure thing Ralph....in the content of the M36 between the dagger and scabbard,,,,, 9 times out of 10 they always go together..in regards to a complete production piece......and not including when the SS mann elected to take his M33 and place it in the Chained scabbard.

The grip appears authentic and early..the fittings are over plated leaving me to think this is a repro....BUT...giving the benefit of the doubt...more photos would be beneficial. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill