Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS daggers from CurdtsNachf ?

Article about: Hi, has anyone ran into any SS daggers manufactured by CurdtsNachf ? Gotta friend who just showed me one. I've been told by some big boys that they never made SS daggers...ever...not a chanc

Default SS daggers from CurdtsNachf ?

Hi, has anyone ran into any SS daggers manufactured by CurdtsNachf ? Gotta friend who just showed me one. I've been told by some big boys that they never made SS daggers...ever...not a chance! SS  daggers from CurdtsNachf ? Were mfg marks supposed to be centered like the SS motto on the dagger? Because this one is way off center. Thanks for any replies, and thanks for letting me in this site, looks good!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS  daggers from CurdtsNachf ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS daggers from CurdtsNachf ?

When comparing the Daggers Maker Marks, the Curdts Nachf was a known maker. However, when i compare this exact mark with other references of the same firm, irregularities are shown on this SS dagger. Take a good look at the two swords where they cross. They blades stop on the bottom of the triangle. Real Nachf's swords keep on going outside of the triangle. The font on this dagger is alot thicker also. Without further photos, i cannot go any further.

Thanks! Is anyone out there sure that these guys made SS daggers? My faithful dealer swore they never supplied SS daggers. Any way to find out? I told the guy to send it to Col. Johnson for a going over to be sure. The buyer said it came outta Germany just a few months ago...and he bought a unground Rohm soon to be arriving too from him.

I am certain they never made SS daggers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, Mr Stevenson. I hated to see my buddy get reamed like this. But he just wont read any books. He counts on being friends with his seller, and never questions much, even if its way out there in what he finds and sells him. Its a long reach from Arkansas to Germany to get a refund...

?

If your friend is happy with his purchase, then i see no problems here.

But i can foresee a storm in the distance when -or if he is going to sell the dagger again.

I think he quit being happy about it after my call yesterday Youre spot on about the rest. Its gonna be a hard sell to anyone but the unsuspecting buyer. Im not rich, and if Im shelling out over 6 grand, I want second and third opinions from people who are smarter than I am about German Daggers. I like the shield picture, BTW...

Hi Laker!....also not to my knowledge that this producer made any SS Daggers as this is an early maker and with All early makers AND inthe condition that this dagger and blade are in ,,the lower reverse crossguard should of been marked with a Roman numeral I or II or III designating distribution points to where it will be given to the SSmen. I do not see this marking in the photo. Also with early maker logos can be compared to other makers as the etching is the same. I am going to take a wild guess since it has been mentioned that this logo is of center and not a characteristic of an early maker...that this type of logo may be stamped applied. But only upon close inspection can this be determined.

(Your quote from above)......But he just wont read any books. He counts on being friends with his seller, and never questions much, even if its way out there in what he finds and sells him.

This pretty much explains the amount of collecting knowledge he has,,,and is a great problem on all militaria sites for those who dont want to do their homework and just google information and trust in a dealers words. Dealers make mistakes also..we are all human.
    Myself and the rest of the collecting memebers here would like to see more photos of the dagger and scabbard if any...close up pics of the grip the eagle runes button....scabbard fittings...crossguards...and logo if pssible. This will greatly help determine if the logo os legitimate as I can seea t least the dagger from the one pic looks to be ok...but further photos would be necessary to authenticate it completely. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry. IF i get another chance to look at it, I'll take detailed photos. All I had was my phone camera at the time. The owner wasnt interested in staying long, he had just refunded my deposit on a Chained SS Dagger that turned out to be a fake. The next time I see him, he'll be refunding my money on a SA Dagger that turned out to be a parts dagger. I'll try to get him to let me detail photograph it. He's a reinactor, and Im starting to think everything he has is from parts. Unlike the commercial from the 1980's; Parts ARENT just Parts with these collectables.

Quote by Lakerdude View Post
    Thanks, Mr Stevenson. I hated to see my buddy get reamed like this. But he just wont read any books. He counts on being friends with his seller, and never questions much, even if its way out there in what he finds and sells him. Its a long reach from Arkansas to Germany to get a refund...
    Unfortunately for your friend, this is how the crooks work. They gain your confidence and then they stick it to you. That is why they call it the confidence game! He is best to cut all existing ties with this dealer. Do you know his name? It is always good to know who the crooks are.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast