Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?

Article about: Picked this up today and was wondering if it is real or not. Sorry for the bad quality photo's cant find my good camera

?

Default SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?

Picked this up today and was wondering if it is real or not.

Sorry for the bad quality photo's cant find my good camera

SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Damascus dagger REAL OR FAKE?
    P
    Many

Welcome tp the forum. The quality of the cross guards are way below the hand tooled work found on genuine examples. These appear to be a poor quality casting. The handle should be black, not brown. From your pictures, the blade appears to be artificial damascus. In my opinion, nothing close to a genuine example.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Brock, The blade motto is for an SA dagger....and it's been applied on Backwards...that should be your 1st hint....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Is it a mirror, or is the blade etch completely backwards ?
    Either way, it is as Bob above says - nothing close to
    a genuine example.

There are genuine SS daggers within the Forum,
    if you care to have a look.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Oh boy they realy dont come much worse then this one, the Motto is a screamer.......man this dagger has more red flags then the USSR did in the days....

You just had to google 10 minutes to find out, or spend 5 here at the forum to find out how bad its is...LMAO

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-13-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Hi Brock..this dagger more relate to an SA dagger than an SS dagger. Check out both SA and SS forums as Walkwolf has advised..you will see great differences..in detail and craftmanship. I hope you only spent about $10. nothing on this dagger relates to an SS Honor dagger except a repro runes button..which would make every SS dagger seen ..all honor daggers.

First I seen a backwards blade Motto. Honor daggers start at $50,000 US..depending upon condition. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I hope you did not pay too much , one of the worst repros I've seen

Hi Brock,

I have seen this thread after all the comments above so that doesn't really leave much to say except that I agree entirely with the others.

This is a terrible piece that I wouldn't expect to fool even a complete novice. The motto alone should see to that. Even not knowing that it is the wrong motto and not knowing any German at all the fact that it is clearly backwards (not upside down) is a red flag with whistles bells and fireworks!!

That blade looks nothing at all like Damascus steel and the etching looks nothing like actual etching. Also, apart from all the other faults what is with that freaky swastika on the pommel nut?

At the top of the thread I was also a little perturbed by the comment "I can't find my good camera", really? You have a good camera but you don't know where it is?
    A genuine dagger of this type would be very very expensive so I really hope you did not pay much for this piece.

Please don't take this personally but if you want to collect anything other than beer mats or bottle tops you really must do some research or you will get very broke and very fed up very quickly.

There is a wealth of knowledge here and members are always willing to help. All you need to do is post a question with pics or search through the relevant sub-fora before making a purchase. If you don't want to do that there is an infinate amount of research material all over the web plus excellent reference books on most subjects. Do some reading and please don't feed the animals (fakers)!!

Apart from that, welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing more as you progress.

BTW what are your collecting interests?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Believe it or not... but you really wished that this one was a real one...!!! :-)

?

Thanks for the info guy's.

I found the dagger at a yard sale for pretty much nothing and decided to buy it.

I know nothing about edged weapons lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast