Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions

Article about: Following on from my last thread (S.S. Dagger - opinions please) I have some more (not so good, sorry) photos of the blade. The rear has been ground and I was wondering if it was originally

?

Default SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions

Following on from my last thread (S.S. Dagger - opinions please) I have some more (not so good, sorry) photos of the blade. The rear has been ground and I was wondering if it was originally a Rohm or has been ground for another reason. ( watermarks, rust etc). Does the Hammesfahr Rohm trademark or motto have different measurements to the non Rohm blade ?
    Thanks Keith
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions   SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions  

SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions   SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions  

SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions   SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions

The Hammesfahr trade mark is in the correct position for a Rhome dagger.Eickorn, another maker who etched the dedication to the reverse used a smaller trademark, and it was positioned nearer to the end.

Yours looks as though it was factory ground, and the blade looks like it has been over polished to a degree. However, a ground Rhome is like an ordinary Dagger, except it has a few more scratches. Personally, I don't see it as an increase in the price, unless you can see the dedication
    JMO

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    The Hammesfahr trade mark is in the correct position for a Rhome dagger.Eickorn, another maker who etched the dedication to the reverse used a smaller trademark, and it was positioned nearer to the end.

Yours looks as though it was factory ground, and the blade looks like it has been over polished to a degree. However, a ground Rhome is like an ordinary Dagger, except it has a few more scratches. Personally, I don't see it as an increase in the price, unless you can see the dedication
    JMO
    Thanks for the input. I would say the front has been polished but it has most of the original (I think !) cross grinding. I am struggling to get a decent photo of the motto side due to reflections. There is no evidence of a Rohm inscription at all.

Hi Keith, I am sure this is a ground Rohm.

Cheers, Ade.

guy's this is my SS dagger same maker does this help, i personally do think yours in definately a ground Rohm,
    hope this help's cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dienstdolch 33 - Gotlieb Hammesfahr blade opinions  

Quote by KW355 View Post
    There is no evidence of a Rohm inscription at all.
    when factory ground, it is sometimes difficult to see, as we all know. The Germans took pride in thier work

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    guy's this is my SS dagger same maker does this help, i personally do think yours in definately a ground Rohm,
    hope this help's cheers Ronnie

sorry i mean to add mine is NOTa ground Rohm,

Hi Ronnie, I see even your ruler is German

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ronnie, I see even your ruler is German

Cheers, Ade.
    just thought i would keep in topic Ade