Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dienstdolch in Classifieds

Article about: Hello Gents, Can someone give me an opinion on this SS dagger in Classifieds? The maker should be a early unknown contracter. I do not doubt the authenticity of the Dagger, it being in the C

?

Default SS Dienstdolch in Classifieds

Hello Gents,

Can someone give me an opinion on this SS dagger in Classifieds? The maker should be a early unknown contracter. I do not doubt the authenticity of the Dagger, it being in the Classifieds section, but some info woulb nice. The father to one of my friend here is interested in buying it and i would like to provide some info on it.

Here: SS 1198/39 Dagger - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Datrus; 02-03-2012 at 07:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch in Classifieds
    P
    Many

?

Default re: SS Dienstdolch in Classifieds

which one ? and please dont assume it is good just because it is in the for sale section. one there is up for debate.
    andrew

?

Sorry. Forgot to post a link.

?

Now Andrew here have been very helpfull, but i would be very happy if others would chime in as well on this dagger

It has been discussed on the forum already before it was put up for sale. Look at the posts by the seller and you will find what was said by me...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade. My interest for this one just dropped a few points. It will at least need a new retaining screw. Having restored classic Italian and British cars, one can't say I'm all that happy about "customization". I guess the paint from the grip also will have to be removed. How can you tell the runic button is a replacement Ade?

Lars

Hi Lars, blow up the pics full size and observe the area around the runic grip insignia. You can see it is slightly offset in the hole and has filler around it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you "Hawkeye". I do not consider this being too bad as long as the runic button is original. If i buy this dagger it will be at a quite low price i guess.