Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice

Article about: What do you all think about this one at \\$3500!!

Default SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice

What do you all think about this one at $3500!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice   SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice  

SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice   SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice  

SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice   SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice

Anyone?? I have never seen the number on the handle before..........of course I am new to all this!!

Sam PM sent

Research Service for the Identification of Schutzstaffel Numbers - MORE SUCCESSES

This link should answer the question about the grip.

Hi Sam, numbers stamped into the wooden grip are much less often seen, but are period.

Not crazy about the grip to crossguard fit and the scabbard condition is another issue. I would pass.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Mckibben View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would urge anyone with a numbered dagger to try and get it researched. Well worth the investment.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

When I looked at a closeup of the number I see what looks like a gap between the blade and crossguard. But don’t recall seeing a crossguard to mouthpiece fit image posted which IMO is also critical. As was already mentioned the scabbard condition could be an issue, as it seems to me to be painted over the original finish, and does not seem to be adhering very well. But that is contrasted with fittings (which in the images - and it could just be the lighting?) seem to be relatively fresh nickel plating? While a section of the grip itself has a glossy appearance near the Sigrunen insert.

I’m posting the one image of what to me looks like a gap. And could have a few others ready to illustrate what I seem to be seeing if needed. FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Numbered Advice  

?

i realy like that ss ! never seen numbers into wood before.thants a very interesting dagger that would be a great addition to a collection! thanks for showing it ! i seen somewere on here that every year or years they find new records so if the number does not show up it might one day?again i like it !

I agree with frogprince there is a gap and a little ill fitting gap on the handle and blade would wager a pint that the handle has been repainted

Quote by operaman View Post
    I agree with frogprince there is a gap and a little ill fitting gap on the handle and blade would wager a pint that the handle has been repainted
    Everybody can be their own judge as to what they see in the images. But that is one wager I would pass on myself. Because it also looks to me like the grip has in fact been painted/fooled around with.

With some minor adjustments enhancing the image, I see what IMO is an unusually glossy appearing area. As well as a black chipped area that looks like it was probably chipped when the upper crossguard was over torqued after being reassembled. With paint also used there to try and blend in the chipped area with the rest of the grip.

PS: Please note that I am not saying that this was done by the current owner. As many times we as collectors find daggers that were "enhanced" at some point by previous owners, in an effort to make them more valuable. FP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast