Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-Foche

Article about: Hello people, I have seen a ss dagger which have my interest, so far ive haven't seen any problems.The dagger have's the SS Trägernummer on it.The Röhm Inschrift had been removed in 1934 bec

Default SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-Foche

Hello people,

I have seen a ss dagger which have my interest, so far ive haven't seen any problems.The dagger have's the SS Trägernummer on it.The Röhm Inschrift had been
    removed in 1934 because of regulations.
    Hope some of you give me some advise

Here are some pictures of it.SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-FocheSS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-FocheSS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-FocheSS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-FocheSS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-FocheSS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-Foche

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-Foche
    P
    Many

I am not liking the grip: what are those two grooves on it front and back? A homemade replacement job?

For me, this would kill it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The grip is Original ebonygrip and not replaced they say.

But why does it have those two horrible grooves down it, front and back? It cannot be damage as the eagle is intact. Ebony is very hard stuff.

Not convinced, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by sebasvg View Post
    The grip is Original ebonygrip and not replaced they say.
    Did you recognized the gap,between the blade and the lower guard,shown on the last picture!!

Regards,
    Gerd

Yes thats right i didn't see that before.Thanks man!

Quote by sebasvg View Post
    Yes thats right i didn't see that before.Thanks man!
    A questionable Hammesfahr and a parts dagger at best.
    You better stay away.
    Regards,
    Gerd

Agree with the above. More than 1 red flag on this one. A cleverly put together piece-and one that could easily mislead a novice. They're getting Better, guys! Not a good sign!

Why is there what looks to be rust on the lower sheath fitting? Nickel fittings rust? And is that a Painted sheath for a Rohm presentation piece? And what is going on with the rough paint job on it? Looks terrible. "Horrible groove", Ade? lol That's One way to call it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the help guys!I let this one go!

He just sended me a expertise from Ralf Siegert from Welcome to the Frontpage
    SS Dienstdolch Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-Foche

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast