Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS-Dienstdolch Model 1936

Article about: need help on these chained ss dagger if is original and on two more iv got please sorry about pictures im getting better at it iv got a crap camera thanks angus ps iv added a sa dagger on th

Quote by Title King View Post
    Discounted yes, for multiple reasons I think. But IMO authentic nonetheless!
    Parts maybe, but did they leave the factory that way? My own TR era collecting started with a Luger pistol and I was fascinated with the the high level of workmanship and how it all worked together. Daggers being added to my interests much later, I've collected in many related areas and had an interest in how all of it was manufactured. So it was very interesting when I came across a photo not of SS daggers being made - but inspected. Which made perfect sense to me because of my familiarity with how the Germans (including the SS) conducted their acquisitions of items made for the various organizations. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstdolch Model 1936  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstdolch Model 1936
    P
    Many

Great photo. I don't think an SA gruppe mark would have raised eyebrows.

Quote by Title King View Post
    Great photo. I don't think an SA gruppe mark would have raised eyebrows.
    I disagree, but don't have time at the moment to go into all of the points (some of which were beyond the technical level/comprehension of some of the participants) made in many of these discussions over the years - so let me mention just one aspect. Why is it just with some of the 3rd generation daggers
    (but not all of them) - and not the M1933's or other generations of the M1936 daggers? Best Regards, Fred

?

Fred,
    You're pretty much the last hold out against these Type C's with nickel silver hardware which contain SA Gruppe stamped lower crossguards. But that's OK, as it provides fodder and entertainment on these forums for all.

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    Fred,
    You're pretty much the last hold out against these Type C's with nickel silver hardware which contain SA Gruppe stamped lower crossguards. But that's OK, as it provides fodder and entertainment on these forums for all.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. On the plus side I have not seen any repeats with the fake brass SS (supposedly M1936) chained daggers, or some of the strange theories that accompanied them. And there are some serious collectors who share my views. Regards, Fred

no

Factor in the German propensity to use things up, there are too many of these Gaumarked crossguards from wood work or pretty munch unimpeachable sources for these not to be authentic combinations.

As I recall they are on nickel crossguards so if someone was going to bogus something (a dagger) up they would have just polished the markings off.

Not as desirable but IMHO genuine none the less.

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    Factor in the German propensity to use things up, there are too many of these Gaumarked crossguards from wood work or pretty munch unimpeachable sources for these not to be authentic combinations.

As I recall they are on nickel crossguards so if someone was going to bogus something (a dagger) up they would have just polished the markings off.

Not as desirable but IMHO genuine none the less.
    The too many, and allegedly unimpeachable sources some of the same arguments were used by the supporters of the "NSKK High Leader Hühnlein" fakes. Which were challenged and then disappeared from view. Now after some high resolution photos of how they were faked were made available, the daggers seem to be seen now in only some of the books. Likewise some other supposedly completely period TR artifacts don't even bring a decent sized fraction of what they used to sell for. Not in the retail business myself, some of the supporters of the SA marked guard daggers literally not having a clue as to the specifics of how some of the SS dagger were even made - offering their "expertise" as a reason why purchasing a parts dagger is a good idea. But if guys want to buy one that's their choice. But I would not let one of my friends do so without showing him some of the "humper" parts pieces that are in that group, either in threads or archived. Best Regards, Fred

We can all should/respect your opinion. Thanks for voicing it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3