Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?

Article about: Looking to sell items from my collection. Posting pics to make sure everything is kosher.

CombatMilitaria
    ?

Default SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?

Looking to sell items from my collection.
    Posting pics to make sure everything is kosher.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?   SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?  

SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?   SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?  

2. # ADS

Default re: SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?

Still learning with these but it appears all original to me, the grip and guards don't seem to fit that well though, maybe a parts dagger? Little nicks in the grip by the eagle too. Wait for more experienced opinions though mate I'm still earning my wings.

?

Default re: SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1933 -Transitional marked A&F Helbig: Thoughts?

Looks like a nice transitional to me! The pommel nut looks dark..almost black? is that normal? Also, the handle wood looks a little light...and there are chips to the adler(right upper wing) ..looks odd. This isnt my strong exp catagory, but from what I've seen, these few points are red flags to me..

Looks fine to me. A&F Helbig only produced SS daggers for 1 year, 1938, so they are amongst the rarest around. The very light blade etching is typical, as is the chunky lower crossguard. The lighter grip is usual as is the dark pommel nut we see. The scabbard is very light for the type and is enamel painted; I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It looks good, maybe it was taken down at some point in its life. Regardless it looks good & time period dagger from the photos.

Nice transitional blade,, very rare to see that maker. For some reason i can not open the 3rd photo as to get a closer look at the tang nut. The tang nut IMO does not look to be mid period because either the plating has all come off or it is Late style. The same for the scabbard itself as there are gapping issues in the scabbard throat area commonly seen with Late RZM types, also in photo #3. The scabbard screws are replacements and have also lost all their plating. Im not a big fan of "Picking " around the grip eagle. Everything is genuine from what I can see, but a "parts dagger" mid to late period.