Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please

Article about: Hi, This is my 2nd ss dagger, I will tell you what I think I know and I welcome other peoples opinions on this dagger. The previous owner has taken the dagger and scabbard apart and caused s

?

Default SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please

Hi, This is my 2nd ss dagger, I will tell you what I think I know and I welcome other peoples opinions on this dagger. The previous owner has taken the dagger and scabbard apart and caused some slight damage, particularly to the scabbard throat.The tang has an 'elongated swastika' forge mark which I believe is August Bickel. all of the lacquer has gone from the scabbard but the blueing remains, it is quite good on the front but the rear is quite oxidised. The blade has some graying marks and has no makers mark. The scabbard ball is a bit squashed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please   SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please  

SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please   SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please  

SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please   SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please
    P
    Many

Default re: SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936: Opinions please

I like it a lot.I hope I look that good when I am 80 years old

One the whole it looks good. The only possible detraction is the poor wood to lower crossguard fit giving a bit of a stepped appearance.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    One the whole it looks good. The only possible detraction is the poor wood to lower crossguard fit giving a bit of a stepped appearance.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the opinion Ade, I believe the previous owner over tightened the nut which has caused the handle to 'sink' in to the upper and lower crossguards. Needless to say the nut is now only finger tight.