Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dienstdolch - no scabbard

Article about: I have seen this dagger for sale without scabbard. The story is it comes from a relative, John Wendell Walton, who was Pattons personal chaplain and one of his liason officers. 1939 issue. N

?

Default SS Dienstdolch - no scabbard

I have seen this dagger for sale without scabbard. The story is it comes from a relative, John Wendell Walton, who was Pattons personal chaplain and one of his liason officers. 1939 issue. No further pics available. $1300. Should I save my pennies for a complete one?SS Dienstdolch - no scabbardSS Dienstdolch - no scabbard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch - no scabbard
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dienstdolch - no scabbard

The story or not the pics would make me pass if thats all they will give. Ask them for better pics at that price they should not mind IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

I would have thought so too, but apparently we are alone on this!

At $1300 even without the scabbard if this is a genuine SS it is a great price. You will need better pics, both of the front and back to determine whether it is original. Good luck mate.

From the very limited pics it appears original. But I would never buy an incomplete dagger and certainly not at that price.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That's a very attractive price for a dagger with some providence.

?

I checked out the price of scabbards, and promptly fell off my chair...wow. Like my VW's they are worth more for parts than whole!

?

i personally would buy this at $1300 & add a nice scabbard to match up with the bottom crossguard fit, interesting provenance as well

I would request more pictures! Just my thoughts! I would also use only pay pal unless you know this person and have done business with them in the past.

Regards,

Sam