Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Ground Röhm?

Article about: Hi everyone, Was thinking of purchasing this dagger? Just wanted your thoughts and opinions on this piece, it’s a numbered ground Röhm and it has been researched and comes from a member of t

?

What about the grip eagle? It fits fine, no indication it is replaced. And if it’s nickel as appears, than that’s proper.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ground Röhm?
    P
    Many

?

I looked the number up. Unless to an EM or NCO, it’s not to my knowledge researchible as an officers. Is there a file with the dagger ?

?

If you don't mind me asking Mr Media
    What about the Grind marks under the logo?
    How can that be explained?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

After viewing it on Wittmanns site ..I will retract the comments I made as I seen more photos and seen the back ground used that Wittmann uses..ths dagger is forsale on his site.

I viewed the larger photos and seen greater detail..that just leaves the Grip eagle IMO not an early type ...and the brushed style horizontal grind on the reverse blade. The photos give a washed out appearance which makes the guards look like a plated variety...as i do see a SS district stamp peeking through the numbers.

I wont comment on numbers as they can be applied at any time anywhere . I would say that for myself not one for me.
    The price is set with the dossier. Others may disagree which all are entitled to.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Phil,
    For me, I don’t think those grind marks are under the trademark, personally. The dagger has the characteristics that I’m familiar with according to this maker. I think the grip eagle is nickel, and better photos perhaps will reveal the same.

?

Looking at the Wittmann site photos as mentioned by Larry, I believe this dagger and file was at the MAX show, and then after consigned by Ross.

After reviewing these pictures closely and on Witty's site I think the dagger is fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2