Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Himmler Honor Dagger

Article about: Hi everyone, I am new to the dagger scene and have received what appears to be a Himmler honor dagger from my grandfather who was in wwII. I was advised to post here by Larry. Thanks in adva

Default SS Himmler Honor Dagger

Hi everyone, I am new to the dagger scene and have received what appears to be a Himmler honor dagger from my grandfather who was in wwII. I was advised to post here by Larry. Thanks in advance for any info that could help me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Himmler Honor Dagger   SS Himmler Honor Dagger  

SS Himmler Honor Dagger   SS Himmler Honor Dagger  

SS Himmler Honor Dagger   SS Himmler Honor Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Himmler Honor Dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Sru...glad you made it here
    Your guess is correct its an all original Himmler dagger with a few bumps and bruises...but all that is needed to see in detail is all there

The tip at some point had been broken off and was reshaped.
    Other than the missing chip in the grip...you have a great piece of history. You can compare market value on the internet..and its a nice chunk of change .

Nice to see QC stamped number 6 beneath the lower guard.
    Finally quite desirable among SS dagger collectors is the anodized scabbard but has lost its protective laquer and is thinning.
    Very Nice and thankyou for sharing.

Enjoy your stay and give a read through many threads here in this forum and throughout the website. The content here is exhaustive and endless. All questions can be answered within this website.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I totally agree with Larry.
    Good honest dagger with some issues.

Thanks for the quick responses guys, much appreciated for the input. Doing some research am I right to assume there were only 200ish of these made? What a rare find. My grandfather definitely knew what to take home! Ive seen what they're worth but I don't think I want to sell it just yet. It's such a fine piece of history it would be a shame to remove it from the family.

The 200 count was assumed years ago as a period document surfaced and was posted in Ralf Siegerts SS reference pg 298 stating that more that was produced and was being stored away. This document was dated 1940.

Yet these daggers are very early and very powerful in a historical aspect. Highly desirable on the same level as an SS Rohm dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill