Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS Honor Dagger?

Article about: Are there reproductions of the SS dagger? Is this one authentic? How much is it worth? Thank you

Aug
    ?

Default SS Honor Dagger?

Are there reproductions of the SS dagger? Is this one authentic? How much is it worth?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?

Thank you
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-18-2017 at 10:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor Dagger?
    P
    Many

Repro...sorry-it's basically worthless. Just a curio. There are far more reproduction SS daggers today than there are real ones-hence the real one's high value.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Aug
    ?

I thought it might be bogus. Too good to be true. Thank you for confirming.

?

Quote by Aug View Post
    Are there reproductions of the SS dagger? Is this one authentic? How much is it worth?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?

Thank you
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

HI Aug...welcome to the forum...as stated above by Wagriff...this one is worth about $35.

There are too many details to list concerning this type of SS Honor dagger which these types have the Oak leave adorned on the fittings.
    The One easily identifiable detail that points to this rare type and hard to find dagger is the RZM number on the blade..which SS Honor daggers never had and a 2nd trait is the slash cut wings seen on the grip eagle.

I would encourage a read through the SS dagger section and compare your example to the standard details that are seen on common SS daggers.

A dagger like this if it were real would be worth around $125,000 US. I think you could buy the whole forum membership renewals for the next 10 years ...with that kind of money.

Read through the threads please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I even won't spend 35$ on the thing Larry. :-)

As has been said, a well known fake.

Here is a text book SS Honor Dagger. Original examples with the oakleaf scabbard fittings are known.

SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?SS Honor Dagger?

Aug
    ?

Thank you Larry