Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Honor Dagger

Article about: Gentlemen, have researched this dagger and I'm still on the fence about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. LW

Default SS Honor Dagger

Gentlemen, have researched this dagger and I'm still on the fence about it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    LW
    SS Honor DaggerSS Honor DaggerSS Honor DaggerSS Honor DaggerSS Honor DaggerSS Honor DaggerSS Honor DaggerSS Honor DaggerSS Honor Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor Dagger
    P
    Many

An observation I have is the wear on the etching does not match the wear on the blade. Looks like it was put on much later. IMHO.
    John

Hello Mr Wolf ...although some of the details are correct for an Eickhorn SS dagger ...the dedication is another story and IMO ...appears to be recently applied over a heavily overcleaned blade looking very crisp .
    Possible this may have been a Gr Rohm SS with a reapplied dedication.
    Wait for more insight and thoughts from the advanced collectors.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If you look at the Lakesidetrader archives Archives | Lakesidetrader and compare the sig rune roundel to the 15 Himmlers in the archive, it looks to me that most, if not all Himmler runes are a fatter version than this one. However, if you look at the runes used on the Eickhorn Rohm daggers in the same archive, there are some that look the same as this dagger. Not conclusive, however it adds weight to Larry's observation that this could have been a ground Rohm dagger. In addtion, the photos do not show what kind of eagle is in the grip, or if the lower crossguard is benchmarked. Finally, we need to see the back of the lower crossguard which could give us the conclusive evidence. A Rohm dagger will usually have a district stamp... a Himmler never will.

Here are the two pictures requested.
    ThanksSS Honor DaggerSS Honor Dagger

While I would be more convinced this is a bonified Himmler if the motto etch matched most of the blades in the Lakesidetrader archives, the etch of this dagger does appear on a couple of Himmler examples. The high neck eagle is what you want to see. However... the photo of the lower crossguard appears to be of the front, not the rear...

I just looked up the tang marking A9 ...there is no identity of a producer...but has only been observed on Gustav Spitzer SA daggers.
    Anything is possible with sub contracted blade blanks..but not common to see an A9 on an Eickhorn blade.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Lonewolf....any possibility of getting a photo of the lower reverse side of the crossguard?...I know this thread is getting cold...but just curious if you can

Best Larry

Larry sorry about the delay, one of those couple of week!! Here the pictures of front and back of the cross guards.
    Thanks LWSS Honor DaggerSS Honor Dagger

PM sent

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast