MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr

Article about: I found this nice SS dagger. I think everything is looking good but as always I'll first post here ofc for opinions. Thx. K.

?

Default SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr

I found this nice SS dagger. I think everything is looking good but as always I'll first post here ofc for opinions.

Thx. K.

SS M33 dagger HammesfahrSS M33 dagger HammesfahrSS M33 dagger HammesfahrSS M33 dagger HammesfahrSS M33 dagger HammesfahrSS M33 dagger HammesfahrSS M33 dagger Hammesfahr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

?

Doesn't look like a parts dagger to me. Looks good from where I am. I'm sure you made a typo when making the title, as this is a Hammesfahr, not Hammerfahr

I see no issues with it so far... But I would like to see the motto. The SS district stamping III is correct for this producer as was also distributed to districts I and II.
    District I - Munich ...II Dresden....III Berlin regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Doesn't look like a parts dagger to me. Looks good from where I am. I'm sure you made a typo when making the title, as this is a Hammesfahr, not Hammerfahr
    Yes Dean, I saw it to. Typo it was indeed. Thx.

- - ------- - -

Thx guys.

?

Default Thread title

I thought so. That's the only problem with the edit option on the forum, you cant change the title after saving. Ive done it before, myself.Maybe one of our fine Mods here might help out to edit it for you if you PM one of them, I'm sure( if you ask nicely and if they have the time). Its actually pretty important to have it spelled correctly , that way it will show up when searched by someone in the future
    I'm happy Larry chimed in regarding your dagger, he's a reliable and knowledgable member who has helped me immensely in the past. As he said, we would love to see more pictures of the blade and the motto, please
    Thanks,
    Dean

Not particularly a dagger that I would be nuts over, but genuine, from what I can see of it. One point that would bother me-even though it's period-is the sloppy runes and how they were applied. It's normal to have a slight tilt to them, but on this one, it's a considerable more than slight. And the runes themselves run into the silver ring around them.Again, I know this is acceptable, but personally, I'd prefer a set that didn't. So, aside from the nit-picking, it's a good early piece with nickel fittings and an anodized sheath-all in decent condition, but not one that I would put heavy money into.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks good to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Krisse,

A good honest early SS dagger, if the price is right i would buy it, if not leave it alone.

Regards Mac 66.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    One point that would bother me-even though it's period-is the sloppy runes and how they were applied.
    I can see a slight variance in application..when these were applied..but not by much. If you take notice to all the SS daggers that had their Runes turned..( none of them ever were turned counter clockwise )...always clockwise.....most of the time these were turned by the SS mann himself...so as when the dagger hung down on a 45 degree angle the SS runes would be appear straight up and down. This example which is turned to about 8 oclock shows the mind of the SS mann and how proud he was. Besides the standard straight up and down appearance.... Many SS dagger runes are seen turned about 7 oclock. This may explain also some period pick marks around the runes button. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Evening guys, Firstly larrys completely correct about the rune angle so thankyou for clearing that up. I will just say Hammesfahr runes were set that way. In actual fact I have a very early numbered Hammesfahr very similar which I can post a picture of.
    Nice to see an anodised scabbard in such good order as mines very worn.
    Is it really that much of a secret to ask what the asking price is for this please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast