Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.

Article about: Hi, as mentioned (!) it is not really a good idea to take daggers down unless really needed. However, so far it looks good. What you are seeing on the tang is the billet clamp seam and is a

Default SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.

If it does'nt look like this it's not real so dont be shy to open them up as this is a Dagger that was and has remained in the owners custody from its presentation on November 9th 1934.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.

You may want to repost your photos,as all I am seeing is a tang. William

Default Re: SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.

That's telling 'em ain't it!!Why are you coming across as a little self posessed, do you know something more than some other members here who are renowned for their knowledge of such things?? I was under the misaprehension that there would be other signs of a dagger being real or fake without having to disassemble it.

Your opinion of 'If it don't look like dis, it's fake' after you've stripped it( which is foolish in the extreme, i'm lead to believe) shows your complete lack of knowledge concerning such items.

At the risk of being censored by the mod's, I am prepared to say you come across as a complete and utter {EDIT: cuddley little squirell.}

Feel free to hit back in indignation....{EDIT: your so cute!!}
    Last edited by big ned; 06-21-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Woah Ned! Did someone spit in your Guiness today?! A little rough I must say but not unwarranted I guess. Cheers.
    ~Dean

Hmmm...On reflection, after some quiet prayer and meditation, I have come to the conclusion you are right Deano, i've edited it....a bit..
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned I agree with you.It is beyond me why anyone would dissemble a antique German dagger.There are so many things that could go wrong,like stripping the blade post or the screw that holds everything,to easy to over-tighten or break something.I am sure the guys on this site can tell you if it is a fake or not by postings GOOD photos of the blade and scabbard.By looking at what you have posted I can"t even tell what you have.I have got to go I just bought a Swiss watch and I want to take it apart to see what makes it tick!!!!!

?

Prayer and meditation are good,as is the truth.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi, Sidelock ! We'd like to see some photos of the whole/complete dagger.

Also, I'm somewhat confused - how can it be a 'bring-back' if it has been
    in the owners custody since it's presentation on November 9th, 1934.
    Do you mean to say it is a recent acquisition ?

And, if it has been in the owner's possession, unmolested for over
    70 years, what would possess you to pull it apart.............?
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 06-21-2011 at 03:47 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Hey it's not that tricky to dissemble/reassemble German daggers, just have to be a little careful.
    I'd take a looksy if I owned it.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey it's not that tricky to dissemble/reassemble German daggers, just have to be a little careful.
    I'd take a looksy if I owned it.
    I know this from experience. My DRK officers dagger I had to take apart as the swaz area was loose (I'm not sure what you call it), and then to reinstall it, I had to have a machinist make a special socket for the brass nut inside the tang to tighten it. (Just a Note)

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast