Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS NCO Sword

Article about: Hi gang! I have been offered this sword in a trade deal and just wanted to have a few more sets of eyes look at it. Thanks! Annoyed from this ads?  

Default SS NCO Sword

Hi gang!

I have been offered this sword in a trade deal and just wanted to have a few more sets of eyes look at it.

Thanks!

SS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO Sword

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO Sword
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS NCO Sword

Looks correct to me. Marking on the scabbard looks well defined. The leather on the base appears to be a new addition, or it is really dry. The runes on the pummel look authentic. The lack of porosity, seen on numerous fakes, is not seen here. A higher quality metal was forged for sure. Wonder what the others will say.

I found a website [url=http://www.daggers.com] that verifies your sword.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS NCO Sword  

Looks promising,,I am a little cautious on the ferrulle close to the crossguard as I can see any detail in the acorns and the fit has a gap to it. The pommel cap SS runes looks filled in ,,or it could be the photo giving a false image. The scabbard looks great! Just the ferrule ring has me a little bothered,, but wait for a few more opinions. The logo looks good also.

@ BerlinVet...thank you for the info on the website. The issue with collecting swords and daggers is that no matter how many examples one sees on a web site just doesnt make them all the same in appearance. Different makers had small detailed changed to certain sword or dagger parts. Which I am sure you are aware of. There is also a matter of early to late period part usage also,,which takes a keen eye to identify if it is correct to that maker. The SS sword collector will also know what makers to what swords might of traded parts with each other also. The real study begins by in hand inspection,,as photos are second best. Thank you for your input Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

i would say it looks good but as you all know ss swords are one of those tricky things !!

I compared it to several other krebs NCOs offered by prominent dealers and found this piece to be VERY similar to those offered.

Yes, I was looking at the striking of the name and font. looks spot on too me.

Got it in the mail yesterday.

SS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO SwordSS NCO Sword

I beat up your mailman yesterday...the one you got is a copy. Great Find Matt
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill