Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS Robert Klaas

Article about: hey guys, Kris is helping me to find a nice SS dagger and he came up with this one. Hope you like it. Regards, Job

Default SS Robert Klaas

hey guys,

Kris is helping me to find a nice SS dagger and he came up with this one.
    Hope you like it.

SS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert Klaas

Regards, Job

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Robert Klaas
    P
    Many

?

Okay, after a couple of days, I shall take the first hit on this one.

I see a nice early serialized Robert Klaas. Nicely patinated guards with a nice fitting to the grip and serialized. Could be an interesting researchproject offcourse.
    The lower guard bears the Roman 'II' which is less commonly seen.
    Looks like there is a crack on the reverse of the grip on the upper guard aswell as on the lower guard which make me think the dagger was opened at some point.
    The runesbutton and eagle are nicely set in the grip and both look untouched.
    The scabbardfittings are also nickle (neusilber) and close nicely to the lower guard when the dagger is in the scabbard. Screws seems to me untouched aswell.
    Scabbard has a beautifull anodizing and is without dings. Ball of the lower fitting still rounded.

The blade isn't that crisp anymore but can be carefully cleaned with simichrome. But for that you have to advice the more experienced daggerguys here IMO.
    I think there is still enough, maybe all, crossgraining left. It's just not clearly visible on these pictures. So, when cleaning, watch out very carefully not to damage this.
    Just leave it if you're not sure what to do or when you have 2 left hands.
    I like the etching aswell. I compared it with the example in Siegerts book and they look just the same. Placement of the makerslogo also nicely set in the middle.

IMO this is a very nice dagger which will come to it's right in any SS collection.

But offcourse I'm also curious what the others have to say on this dagger.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Looks like there is a crack on the reverse of the grip on the upper guard aswell as on the lower guard which make me think the dagger was opened at some point.
    Yes this dagger has been opened at some point..according to the tang nut. Other than that from the provided photos...I dont see anything that jumps out at me..to raise any red flags. The grip has me cautious..but because of the photos.
    It does appear to have that Klaas slim grip look to it ..which is a trait for this producer. \

The SS serial number I have no clue about and will reserve that for sharper eyes who know period font types

Other thoughts are welcome. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Regarding the number... I've allready contacted Ross Kelbaugh for the number. Unfortunatly he was unable to find him back in the list.
    But that also means imo that a faker didn't take the number from the Dienstalterliste to stamp it himself in the upperguard.

Other opinions regarding the number are more then welcome.

and now the good ones!

SS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert KlaasSS Robert Klaas

?

I like this dagger very much.
    I do see a damage on the little ring attached to the upper fitting.

SS Robert Klaas