Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Rohm dagger querie.

Article about: Hey everybody, I’m thinking of purchasing an SS ground Röhm dagger for my growing collection of goodies, and I am interested in early daggers so my question is... How many Röhm SS daggers wh

Default SS Rohm dagger querie.

Hey everybody,
    I’m thinking of purchasing an SS ground Röhm dagger for my
    growing collection of goodies, and I am interested in early daggers so
    my question is...
    How many Röhm SS daggers where made? And also how many members were in the SS in 1931? Would it be the same number?
    I would just like to own a dagger from an early member of the SS.
    Are there any other suggestions? Or is owning an SS Röhm as close as I would get?
    I have to tried to research this topic but can’t find any satisfactory answers.
    Thanks for your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Rohm dagger querie.
    P
    Many

I dont know the exact figure of Rohm daggers produced ...but by 1931 it is estimated 10,000 members.
    Those who joined the SA ( and transferred into the SS ) and SS prior December 31 1931 and served in their capacity uninterrupted.

February 3 1934 Rohm sanctioned the SA and SS honor daggers ( Decree 1444/34 & 1444/34 II )
    It is previously thought that 9900 were produced...yet there were more SS prior to 1931 that have not been documented.

SS Rohm daggers with full blade dedications are very pricey and can easily be around 13K+
    Ground and partial SSRohms are more common very early and readily found.

Any Standard early SSem are just as early and desirable. Production of these daggers did not begin until January 1934.
    Early production lasted until 1935 with a mix of Pre RZM early examples still with early craft and fittings.

Finding a full unmessed with Rohm SS dagger is a needle in a haystack and you need to know reputable people in obtaining one and no where else.
    As I said Ground Rohm SS and partial types are more easily found.

Thomas Wittmanns SS Reference is a viable source of detailed content on the SS edged weapon types.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for your reply Larry, very much appreciated.
    Think I will go for a partial/ground Röhm at this stage of the game.
    Cheers.