Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Rohm Dagger ..... RZM

Article about: Hi All, Just come across this dagger and my thoughts are it’s not quite right .... I was always led to believe the Carl Eickhorn Logo was always a lot closer to the cross guard to allow room

Default SS Rohm Dagger ..... RZM

Hi All,

Just come across this dagger and my thoughts are it’s not quite right .... I was always led to believe the Carl Eickhorn Logo was always a lot closer to the cross guard to allow room on the blade for the inscription.
    See comparisons attached.
    Your views always appreciated.
    Also is that the correct Eickhorn Logo for Rohm Daggers? The ones I’ve seen do not have the C.E in the Logo.
    Never seen an RZM marked one either.SS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZMSS Rohm Dagger ..... RZM
    See comparisons attached.
    Your views always appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Rohm Dagger ..... RZM
    P
    Many

Hello Stevade I m not sure this will answer all of your questions, but there were no RZM Rohm daggers. He was killed in 34 and being accused of treason all blades bearing his inscription and name were ordered to be removed from circulation. RZM license approval/dispersal did not come out til mid 34, the year of his persecution and subsequent murder. So the timeframe does not mesh. Have a read through this previous post of Larry's in regards to Rohm daggers their attributes and known makers. I think it will help you out. Best regards.

Brian

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

My 2 cents; Eickhorn was not using that logo (with CE) under the squirrel in 1936.

Sounds like another case of "buyer beware" when it comes to Third Reich items. Real minefield out there!

Wittmanns SS reference pg 167

I see no issues with the dual logo transitional and the blade once being a Rohm blade regrind.

The period of the RZM transition for daggers began in 1934 ...1936 began the transition of dual logos

Yes it is correct to see the large double oval smooth and serrated tail logos on Eickhorn SS daggers..the same as Eickhorn Rohm SA daggers.

You also came across this dagger on September 24th on the GHW but did not post these same thoughts

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-19-2019 at 02:53 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi all thanks for your comments ...
    My concern was the fact the logo is positioned high up the blade in comparison to all other Rohm Eickhorn I’ve come across.
    Also I’ve never seen a Eickhorn Rohm with the C.E in the Logo. I have seen variations of the Squirrels tail.
    Why would the RZM appear on the Blade?
    Larry .... Are you saying I came across this dagger on the GHW in September?

?

Steve you ask: Why would the RZM appear on the Blade?

The story goes that these Large Oval Rohm daggers were sent back early 1936 to the Eickhorn Werke to get a factory regrain to remove the Rohm dedication, after that they applied them with the new RZM logo.
    Therefore its possible to have differences in blacking between the Original oval logo and the newer applied RZM logo.

Ger

Thanks Ger ...
    I also asked why would that particular model have the logo high up the Blade when all the others I’ve seen is close to the crossguard.
    And never seen a Rohm with the C.E in the Oval.
    Not disputing anything, more of a lesson being learnt!!

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Larry .... Are you saying I came across this dagger on the GHW in September?
    Yes September 24th to be exact post # 12. Not this exact dagger but one posted on lakesidetrader as seen above. The dagger on the GHW has a cracked grip but still the same logo combination.
    Some of your threads are the same on both forums.

Due to restrictions a link can not be provided here.
    Current members can view the Thread titled " 941/36/SS Eickhorn SS with Rare grip "
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A current thread that is on both forums > SS Vertical Hanger ..... True or False

which you copy and pasted the same text as the text on GHW is still highlighted which you forgot to click the standard text font removing the highlight.
    Your email is the same on both forums.

Ring any bells yet ? Sept 24 ?

Best Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast