Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS transitional dagger - opinions?

Article about: Could i please get some opinions on this SS dagger? (I think the scabbard may have been repainted?). Not in the same class as the Bernard Rheim previously posted but looks OK? Thanks

?

Default SS transitional dagger - opinions?

Could i please get some opinions on this SS dagger? (I think the scabbard may have been repainted?). Not in the same class as the Bernard Rheim previously posted but looks OK?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS transitional dagger - opinions?   SS transitional dagger - opinions?  

SS transitional dagger - opinions?   SS transitional dagger - opinions?  

SS transitional dagger - opinions?   SS transitional dagger - opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS transitional dagger - opinions?
    P
    Many

Hey Liam I gotta say once again the grip fit to the cross guards is very poor. Again chips can be seen in the handle that had been painted over, and the wood around lower portion of the wreath shows signs of tampering. I think another parts dagger. Not one you want to invest in imo. Best regards.

Brian

?

OK thanks Brian. Your advice is much appreciated.

?

I dont hope that you seriously considered buying this Frankenstein, it takes just one look to see the grip doesnt belong to the guards.
    After seeing that no need to waist another second.
    Leave this one where it is!
    Ger
    SS transitional dagger - opinions?

I believe the motto may have been messed with or has been laser etched...clearer closeup photos will shed answers on that observation.

The grip to guard fit is poor for a Mid period Eickhorn..as Eickhorns quality standards were still exceptional for the mid period.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Liam View Post
    Could i please get some opinions on this SS dagger? (I think the scabbard may have been repainted?). Not in the same class as the Bernard Rheim previously posted but looks OK?
    Thanks
    A bit late,but not too late
    This dagger is a fake,you can see it at the Trademark!
    Regards,
    Gerd

Quote by MarcGB View Post
    Yes Marc,the one shown to the right.Both are laser engraved,but they did it wrong ��
    Regards
    Gerd

?

Thanks Gerd.

I can see it clear now.

Regards,

Marc

?

I have very little knowledge or experience of these daggers but have just spent some time reading the earlier thread regarding the trademark on another dagger and viewing the pics of the motto which members agreed was a fake. As soon as I opened this thread and saw the pics of the motto I immediately thought that this too was a fake notwithstanding the other flaws noted by other members. Just thought I would throw this in as a complete novice to this particular area but also to prove the value of expert knowledge and assistance one can gain from reading through these threads. Many thanks. Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast