Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS vertical hanger

Article about: Hi guys, Not something I usually buy so I would like some views please on this Black SS vertical hanger please. Price £200 Cheers matty

Default SS vertical hanger

Hi guys, Not something I usually buy so I would like some views please on this Black SS vertical hanger please.

Price £200

Cheers matty

SS vertical hangerSS vertical hangerSS vertical hangerSS vertical hangerSS vertical hanger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS vertical hanger
    P
    Many

Come on guys on can see you all huddling at the back of the room......who's gonna be brave and step forward first? lol

Hi Matty, I will go out on a limb here then.

I don't own a whole one of these. Only have one which is missing both it's straps. But while these came from different makers, there is a lot of differences to mine. (Don't have a pic on file, just have it here in front of me)

I think it is bad. It also seems a bit too cheap to me?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good morning Ade, definitely the price is very low I must admit.

I dont recognise the DGRM clip either? Seems to have odd lettering.

Ive seen and SS stamp like this before, although very light im sure that part is genuine but I need confirmation.
    Im sure there should be some numbers on it too? Cant think what they stand for off hand, but if this is a late RZM type (which I think it is) they are missing.

best matty

Looks to my eyes like a repro-and a not very good one at that. I suspect that someone has attempted to Age it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Matty you you already know my feelings on this hanger, but one thought on it I will repeat..is the snap clip has lost all its silvering..making this a later clip example. Ade touches on some key points also..being a mix of different parts. For a supposed early Coffin type vertical hanger...it shows some mixed issues. The clip is one I never seen before..and never to be seen on anything early for that matter. Below are 4 pics of what the back of what a snap clip should look like that should be found on early and the last pic being a mid period clip.
    This would not IMO ..be an early construction type hanger. The silvering is gone. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS vertical hanger   SS vertical hanger  

SS vertical hanger   SS vertical hanger  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for your thoughts guys. The only thing Larry is this is being sold as late war not early.

best matty

I will add some pics of my relic one today for reference.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

OK, here you go.

I have owned this for over 30 years now. It came from a family member.

The contract code markings are very lightly struck, with only part of one rune visible. I have played around with the camera settings to try and capture it the best I can.

Points to note: the clip, with typical plate wear, the rivets, the markings and the lines to the leather.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS vertical hanger   SS vertical hanger  

SS vertical hanger   SS vertical hanger  

SS vertical hanger  

Cheers Ade, I see what you mean. £200 seemed very cheap but theres always a reason.

Oh well, keep looking. Matty