Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh

Article about: Had the great opportunity to buy a few items of the legacy of Johannes Loh. This man listed as a SA man at the SA Fuhrerschule, then turned to the " Algemeine SS" and after that be

?

Default SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh

Had the great opportunity to buy a few items of the legacy of Johannes Loh.
    This man listed as a SA man at the SA Fuhrerschule, then turned to the " Algemeine SS" and after that became a Luftwaffe Officer.
    He served as an observer on a long range reconnaissance Group.
    I have bought the "Kampfmesser" with its vertical SS hanger, his drivers licence and the picture where he laughs wearing a Luftwaffe officers Jacket.
    This dagger has a clip to put it on a belt or boot, but the owner preferred the vertical hanger, maybe hidden on his body?
    Unfortunate the entire legacy of Hans Loh was sold separately.
    His awards, his award papers, his Photoalbum ( sold a piece) his Soldbooks etc....If it would have been possible i certainly would bought the entire group!
    Enjoy this nice early SS hanger with the Fighting knife
    Cheers,
    Ger
    SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh
    Last edited by gerrit; 08-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh
    P
    Many

?

Futhermore the documents, Photo's and Driver licences of Johannes ( hans) Loh

SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh

?

Ger love the paperwork...Excellent items here...Also the dagger is looking good but I know nothing about them lol... Cheers Terry

?

This is a great find Ger! I really like the dagger. Like Terry I'm not familiar with this type but I like it anyhow. I love the crossgrain on the blade. That hanger you got with it is fantastic! You did it again Ger, you found something rare and in great condition! Congretulations on this find

Danny

Interesting knife, for sure-the minty vertical hanger on it is worth a small bit just by itself. Old Johannes sure got around-3 branches of the services? Guess he couldn't make up his mind!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Gerrit thanks for posting this great compilation...this really shows a trail where this guy started and where it looks to be he ended up. I like the Forestry skinner type knife..which it seems this officer Improvised using maybe his old SS hanger. ...Come to think of it..where are all his daggers from each branch of service? especially his SA and SS dagger?
    I like this combination of the skinner knife..which I know alot of people are going to say...." No this is not text book..or it is not right". I have one photo in "Mollos" photograpic SS reference..of a circa 1934 SS mann wearing a skinner type knife like this one..underneath his duty belt..but no hanger. I will post this supporting photo as soon as I can.
    The point being is that anything was possible during those times...we just dont see enough of it published in reference except what was period...and each branch of service it represented.

Cool stuff..Now the hanger is beauty being that 1934 vintage everything is correct about it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Ger,

Very Interesting Grouping !

I Especially Like The Hunting Knife With SS Vertical Hanger

You Have Done Really Well

Congrats !!

Regards Mac 66.

?

Just won the last auction with belongings from Johannes Loh.
    Im thrilled to say that i won his Luftwaffe Beobachter urkunde
    Ger
    SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans LohSS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh

A supporting photo of an SS mann wearing a Boot knife and scabbard in his duty belt. I finally tracked this down in Tom Johnsons..."Collecting The Edged Weapons of the Third Reich Volume 5." This photo circa 1934-35 shows an SS mann without the Standard em dagger..but chose to carry this one in his belt! ....A question to be posed....Is he waiting for his official awarding ceremony for his SS dagger..and chose to carry this in his belt?
    This is not the same hanging device pictured in the photo below as Gerrits example provides.

A description below the photo reads......Interesting source photo of an SS mann ( in uniform) wearing a small stag gripped boot knife. This model boot knife is often shunned by Edged Weapon collectors and frequently labeled as post war !! So much for that theory...( End quote) Tom Johnson

I tried to zoom in as close as possible for better detail of the boot knife....as allowed before the line images dots corrupted the photo.
    Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh   SS vertical hanger SS 48/34 RZM part of a grouping of Hans Loh  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thx Larry, that is a great picture, and hanging on his belt!
    Normally we only see them half hidden in the uniform or boot, and they only show the stag grip!
    This puts another light on that dark early erea
    Regards,
    Ger