Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Transitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. Solingen

Article about: Hi Gents, Found these pictures in my computer. This is another piece from collection. It is an scarce Early transitional F. Herder S.A. Solingen, with crossed keys maker logo, with aluminium

?

Default Transitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. Solingen

Hi Gents,
    Found these pictures in my computer. This is another piece from collection.
    It is an scarce Early transitional F. Herder S.A. Solingen, with crossed keys maker logo, with aluminium eagle and solid nickel crossguards and nickel plated scabbard mounts.

Regards,
    Ron

Transitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. SolingenTransitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. SolingenTransitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. SolingenTransitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. SolingenTransitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. SolingenTransitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. Solingen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. Solingen
    P
    Many

Here is one never encountered..but have been produced. This would not be a transitional..as there is not a dual logo present. IMO the grip belongs to this dagger..but I would like to see closeups of the grip eagle and runes button..I seem to think that another set was placed in there and redyed. Photos pixelate when enlarged and is hard to see any detail.
    Scabbard and tang nut look late period. Interesting dagger and I would love to see more close up pics . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry,

Here is one more.
    It is hard to see but the roundel is a bit below the grip surface.

Transitional SS Dagger F. Herder S.A. Solingen

I know basically nothing about daggers but it almost appears like someone took a handle from a SA dagger, dyed it black, removed the original SA button and then replaced it with a SS example. At bare minimum I'd say, due to the "digging" around the area, that the SS button was removed at some point, but remember this is just an observation of mine, nothing definitive as my knowledge on the subject is limited at best.

?

I am brand new to the hobby and the forum and no authority on daggers. However as youthcollector1 stated I am very interested in finding out what people in the know have to say about the SS button. Thanks for posting!

Of course this is not "in hand", but my own sense of it from there images is that I would take a little from plate A, and a little from plate B. And that's because besides the roundel, there looks like there might be some digging around the eagle as well. With no question IMO that the wood has been post manufacture dyed possibly on top of another type of finish. Best Regards, Fred