Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Very cool early SS dagger

Article about: This dagger is a real treat to see. It is one of the few early SS daggers we see that was equipped with solid nickel fittings, but also with a nickel/chrome plating over that nickel! Check i

Default Very cool early SS dagger

This dagger is a real treat to see. It is one of the few early SS daggers we see that was equipped with solid nickel fittings, but also with a nickel/chrome plating over that nickel!

Check it out!!!

Unique, Rare and Early - SS Dagger by E. Pack | Lakesidetrader

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very cool early SS dagger
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

That is a first for me. Learn something new everyday
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

One of the better dealers I'm not trying to cast any "shade" on Paul - it's an interesting example but not unquestioned IMO that for me personally would need a better and preferably in-hand look before purchasing. The SS daggers were not private purchases with all sorts of extra cost options they were institutional purchases. And to me the dagger not looking like an "as found " OEM one, did they actually use chrome versus "bright nickel" just a few of the things I would be looking at. PS: So there is no confusion, I believe there is some evidence of plating during a time of transition in manufacturing. Best Regards, Fred

And for those who might wonder about what I was seeing - here is one (most admittedly digitally enhanced) image of an area that I would have been looking at closer. Self explanatory I think, I can elaborate on the details if needed. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very cool early SS dagger  

Well I have handled this piece in person and it was 100% righteous. Chrome is the word Witty uses in his book and thus, the terminology.

?

One of MY personal pet peeve's is links that expire and lost information due to someone's lack of insight for the future of viewers / seekers of information, threads like these should be closed for sheer lack of work and disregard for the fellow members, I have no stake in this one way or the other, but it would be nice to see what was discussed originally.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very cool early SS dagger   Very cool early SS dagger  

Very cool early SS dagger   Very cool early SS dagger  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The photos are also in the first post I see they are small! Thanks for new ones.

That helps but I think that a couple of the original images at the bottom are missing. As for TW's expertise as it regards some technical issues I've had more than one face to face polite discussions with him to no avail in trying to get him to get him to see some errors he was making - and will leave it at that. Posted below are some unedited originals that were only cropped and moved due to the limations of the monitor I used. The arrow pointing to one of the areas where the light and shadow made it an area of interest. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very cool early SS dagger  

That's just the shadow; you can see that clearly in the pics from the site.

Not in hand that's a possibility, clearly to me the dagger has been apart at some point and I think some "tuning up"' has probably taken place. The thing with plating being that on iron/steel the steel underneath can be compromised which is what causes the plating to lift. But nickel silver is roughly 2/3 copper that does not rust and I don't see any traces of verdigris. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast